PDA

View Full Version : AARON ALLEN - INTERVIEW

MreD
12-03-10, 02:22 PM
- see full interview below -

MreD
12-03-10, 02:23 PM
interesting to learn that THE INTERROGATORS became FIVE-O POSSE>>!> and other stuff.

Whirlwind D
12-03-10, 03:56 PM
Interesting read - cheers!

ijunor
03-12-12, 07:26 AM
"a lollipop in the shape of a mic with rhymes inside. I was trying to sell it to Master P. I got a patent on it. It has to get out there because when you get a patent it only lasts for fourteen years."

That's gangsta!!

jonnycuba
03-12-12, 09:03 AM
Butch Cassidy:
Spectrum Citys Outlaw of Funk
Interview: February “05@ Butchs house, Hempstead, NY

[i]Before there was Flavor Flav there was Butch Cassidy. Though relatively unknown even to those well versed in the history of Public Enemy, Aaron Allen AKA Butch Cassidy played a pivotal role in the development of PE as well as hip-hop and black entertainment on Long Island in general. Hooking up with Hank Shocklees Spectrum City sound system in Roosevelt, Long Island in the late 70s, he shared mic duties with a young MC Chuckie D., with whom he also co-hosted The Super Spectrum Mixx Show on Adelphi University radio station, WBAU. Although not a rapper in the purest sense, he nonetheless became the first Long Island-based hip-hop artist to release a record of his own, dropping a pair of singles in 1984 as Butch Cassidys Funk Bunch and Aaron Allen for TNT and Profile, respectively. While he fell out with Spectrum City before the unit coalesced into Public Enemy, Butch traveled with the group on the Fear of a Black Planet tour and appeared on Terminator Xs Valley of the Jeep Beats LP as a member of The Interrogators. Under Chuck D.s tutelage, The Interrogators developed into the short-lived yet controversial 5ive-O. Styling themselves as …hip-hop cops‚ and performing in police uniforms, the group released the slept-on If UR Not Part Uv Da Solution... on Ichiban Records. A standup comedian bearing an uncanny resemblance to his old friend and Roosevelt classmate Eddie Murphy, Butch also appeared in comedy clubs and rap videos as an Eddie impersonator. In 1996 he and Andreaus 13 (another PE associate and Roosevelt High student who, amazingly, also resembles Eddie Murphy and worked as an Eddie impersonator) opened up Ha Ha Ha, the first and only black-owned comedy club on Long Island. While the club only lasted six months, Allen continued to pursue comedy with You Big, a staple of Long Island public access TV in the mid-late “90s. A long-time martial arts instructor, he currently teaches ninjitsu at his dojo in West Hempstead, NY.
[i],
So how did you get down with Spectrum City?
[i]I actually wrote a screenplay about Spectrum City. Cause I feel I never really got the recognition but I always tell people when it came to Spectrum City, Chuck D was my partner but I was the man. I think I was one of the first ones to have a rap single out on Long Island. I did …DJs Birthday‚ on TNT Records. I remember hearing it on the radio‚¦ I heard it was #1 in Washington and they were doing remixes but that was it. Then we did a single called …Do The Whop (Drop The Bomb)‚, which was one of the first records on Profile Records. The Whop was a real big dance then. Charles Casseus, who did the song …Breakin In Space‚ (as Key-Matic), produced it.

Before I met up with Spectrum, I was with my brother CA the DJ. He started the saying …Microphone check one two one two, Microphone check one two‚. He was also the first person to go by such and such with DJ at the end. CA the DJ. Before Hank Shocklee was Hank Shocklee, my brother took Hank on. We had what was called the …Spectrum‚ radio station at the Roosevelt Youth Center where Hank learned to mix records. Hank kept the name Spectrum after. This was the mid “70s- it goes back that far. I was in 7th grade when the DJ thing started and then I got with Hank and them. I was called the Outlaw of Funk cause I was real into Parliament Funkadelic. Bootsy Collins was my idol. Everybody wanted to be “Rapper Ski. Even Chuck D was Chuck D Ski. I didnt want to be a “Ski. One day I went to Adelphi University. Spectrum had this party called “Thursday Night Throwdown and everybody was rapping. I wasnt down with them yet‚I came with my own crew. It was upstairs from what they called the Rathskellar in a huge room and people used to climb the windows to get into there. Mad rappers were coming up there, doing the same old Sugar Hill Gang thing but I came out with a cowboy hat on, saying “Im the Outlaw of Funk. Chuck introduced me and said “We got Butch Cassidy here‚ I had never called myself that before‚and I ripped the microphone. They went home and the next day everybody was like “Who is this guy? They were like “Yo, its Aaron Allen.

People were saying the Boxleys, thats Hank and Keiths real name, are looking for you. They have a tape with you on it and they like your style. I started going to Adelphi parties and I was on WBAU, Adelphis student radio station, with Bill Stephney. I was a part of all that ‚ the untold story of Public Enemy. I used to play a cowbell and I had a cowbell dance. Chuck was Chuck‚he always had the voice but I had the looks and the charisma. He was in the background then. We wanted to be like Flash and them. I dont think Keith Cowboy was established yet. Butch Cassidy needed his Sundance Kid so I added my partner, Yellow. His name was Corey Jensen. Spectrum promoted us as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. We wanted to come in on horses at shows‚it would have been corny but back then it might have been cool. Chuck wrote the rhymes. Parliament had their whole clique so Butch Cassidy needed the Funk Bunch. I made up a funk bunch handshake, and a whole language and literature explaining what each word means. My girls would go to parties and pick guys up and start dancing with them. Then Flavor came along with his whole fan club and group, Flavor Flav and the Flavortrons, emulating me. You know Original Concepts jam …Knowledge Me‚?

Yup, its a classic track.
That was me. I was on the bus one day and this Muslim dude who probably just got out of jail said “Yo, why dont you knowledge me, uh, man. He had that voice. When I went to the studio I was telling Keith and them about it. I always did comedy so I broke it down like that. Keith used to say it and the Concept Crew went with it. Im 45 years old, I dont want to lie about something trivial. I made up a nursery rhyme when I was a kid in the 70s that went …cry baby cry baby stick your head in green beans, wash it off with bubble gum and send it to the Navy‚ and my wife shes 25, she knew it when I met her.

Later on I was in the 5ive-O‚ we was the hip-hop cops. We all dressed like cops. We went on tour with 2Pac, Ice T and Public Enemy. This was right before 2Pac got shot the first time. We had the baddest stage show. But when we came back to Long Island after that tour, Chuck basically dropped the group. The label couldnt do anything if Chuck didnt do anything.

Butch (R) with Keith …Wizard K-Jee‚ Shocklee (L) in Philly, circa 1983.

Huh? Why?
I dont know. We went on tour with Ice T and after 2PAC got shot, we were supposed to be the opening act but we became the third act. So things were happening. But we came back to Long Island and that was it. I was never bitter. I remember I was working in a group home and I saw Public Enemys videos while I was working.

Why didnt you try to get something going on your own?
Good question. We were grown ass men, I suppose we had other things distracting us. I had a dance jam called the …5ive-O Strut‚. I was just thinking if somebody could put it out now it would be so hot in the clubs. The 5ive-O strut is you strut like you are being handcuffed by a girl and then you frisk her. I could have been bitter. Ralph McDaniels didnt want to play our video on Video Music Box because he said it was too controversial. That other guy on there‚¦

Crazy Sam?
Yeah, Crazy Sam. He dissed us. He played something else after us and said, …Now, this is the real video‚. People didnt understand‚it was a fictional world. We were killing each other with rhymes. We were trying to be strong men standing up and correcting our peoples situations. We were tired of the gangster rappers. B-Wyze was in the group-he is one of the most versatile rappers I ever met. I always been a hype man, Im not really a rapper. I had the deejay voice, the looks. Dancing I learned from a girlfriend of mine.

So who was in the 5ive-O? As big of a PE fan as I was at the time, I never really heard anything about you guys‚¦
We was on Ichiban Records, they were in Philly (actually Atlanta-Jesse). When that boy who did …Ice Ice Baby‚ fell off, he was put back on that label. They had him on the wall at their office. 5ive-O was so dope, man. Its a shame that Chuck let it die. We was on the level with Ice-T, pissing people off. They had bootleg t-shirts of us already. It was me, B-Wyze, Obie, who was an original Public Enemy guy, and Kevlar, my friend who was living with me at the time. He was just my boy and we took him on tour. He built this rocket gun that shot fire across the stage. The stage show was so baaad, because we looked like cops. I was dressed like Kato (from The Green Hornet) but they called me A-Yo. I had nunchuks.

How did the whole 5ive-0 thing get started?
I had became Chucks bodyguard on tour. I was doing stand up comedy for a little while and I asked Chuck if I could host they tour for Fear of a Black Planet. They had somebody already so Chuck said “Come on tour and take pictures. At this one show, this guy jumped on the back of the stage to go to the front of the stage towards Chuck. I took this guy out so I became the bodyguard.

So then we had this group The Interrogators. We had no look. We were just dudes. But we used to do shows and have sirens come on or have somebody and throw “em in the chair. Interrogate “em like cops. Chuck said you should just call yourselves 5ive-O. So 5ive-O was the Interrogators‚me, B-Wyze, Brian (Kevlar)‚and we incorporated Obie. Flavors cousin who was a bodyguard, he was an Interrogator, too, on tour. Obie was supposed to be Public Enemy. Chuck had no stage presence then when they did …Public Enemy No. 1‚ and Rick Rubin wanted to sign them. He was this offbeat guy with big glasses but he was always writing rhymes. Once they got the record deal, Chuck said “Well, I cant do it, Im nervous He never really been in front of a big crowd like they was gonna be. That was my job-I was the showman. So Obie was this handsome dude who had the same voice as Chuck D, because he emulated Chuck somewhat, and Chuck thought he would be what Chuck ended up being. But Obie was running after chicks at that time. He was interested in the girls. Thats when Chuck said “F it, Ill do it myself. Chuck was going to go to the background and make Obie the focus because his voice was so much like Chucks.

You were in a bunch of PE videos, right?
Im probably in five of the videos. I remember they did …Brothers Gonna Work It Out‚ in Long Beach. Sister Souljah interviews me and I say “The police was on a mission with no permission, they told this one sister move on. When Yo! MTV Raps first came on that was my face spinning around going …Yo! Yo! Yo!‚ I would go on the show as an Eddie Murphy impersonator when Dre and Ed Lover were hosting it. I used to look just like Eddie Murphy and I was a comedian so I became an Eddie impersonator. I knew Eddie-I used to go to his house and Charlie Murphy would be over there. He was the hardest! He was always going “Yo, yo, yo.

Ed Lover had a group called No Face and I did an Eddie impersonation in their video. When Hammer was large they wanted to have me on Yo! with him. They were going to say we have somebody larger than you, Hammer, and have me come out as Eddie but as Prince Akeem from Zamunda.

Damn, you still have those episodes on tape?
All those tapes I taped over. Because you dont think its going to be anything when youre young.

I had a TV show called You Big and I played Eddie Murphy in skits. But Ive gained weight since then and now I look more like Emmitt Smith. Andre (Long Island TV producer and PE associate Andre Guilty, aka Andreaus 13) is making a movie or a DVD out of all those You Big shows. It used to come on at 2 in the morning. Back in the day …you big‚ was a comeback from a snap. You big! My concept was non-professional actors, no script, no budget and my sense of humor. It was the #1 show on public access for a while. Some of it was corny but most of it was hilarious and we did it with no script. You know Whose Line Is It Anyway? with that Brady guy? Our show was a ghetto alternative to that.

So did you do a lot of stand-up back then, or just appeared as Eddie?

Me and Andre opened up Long Islands first black comedy club, Ha Ha Ha. It only lasted six months. One thing about black people is they dont support each others businesses. We didnt have no liquor license either. We used to have people like Mitch Kyzer, who was Eddie Murphys writing partner, he was from Roosevelt. Now he may be dead. He had AIDS, his hair was falling out last time I seen him.

So, going back to the Spetcrum days and what you were doing before that, when was the first you remember hearing hip-hop music?
I remember my brother Carl said he went to a party at Adelphi University. This was in the early “70s, and Ill never forget this, he said the DJ turned the music off and told people to start clapping their hands, saying something about throw your hands to the roof. He had people clapping then he threw back the jam. I couldnt understand that concept back then. That was unheard of. I think it was DJ Hollywood. And then at Adelphi or the roller rink in Roosevelt, I seen it live. Then the Disco Twins started scratching, followed by Grandmaster Flash. These people started coming out to Roosevelt. The Roosevelt Roller Rink on Nassau Road was huge, and the youth center where we had the radio station. There was King Charles. Remember the blackout in the 70s? He had stole equipment in the blackout so he had amps and speakers stacked to the roof where you heard the rumble of the bass. He was the first one like that with the big, big sound. My brother and I got into the whole DJing thing pretty early, though it might not have been hip-hop. This was about 73, when I was in 9th grade. Before Hank Shocklee and Spectrum there was my brother. He was the originator, like I said. He would DJ at the Roosevelt Youth Center where they basically had a radio station. It didnt go out to the public but inside the building they called it W-Spectrum. It was my brother, and this guy Crandle Newton. Then Hank came on and took on the name Spectrum. Me and my brothers used to be called CA The DJ and the Heavyweights of Funk. I gave myself the name the Outlaw of Funk. I had that voice back then-(adds some baritone to his voice) “Party time, like this. At 16 years old my voice was like that. I credit all that to my brother. Spectrum came afterwards. We had different crews and Spectrum was just one of em. As a matter of fact we beat Spectrum at a DJ contest for money at the VFW Hall in Uniondale. Spectrum came on first then we came on. I would hype up my brother “CA the DJ-J-J-J-J. “Heavyweights of Funk Funk Funk Funk. Chuck wasnt even in the picture back then. It was just K-Jee‚Keith Shocklee‚ and DJ Hank.

There was a few other crews around that came along after us like Spectrum One that we, Spectrum City, used to battle. It was this guy, Brian Stratford, who went to C.W. Post University. He had a light show. We were like “How could you be Spectrum One and were the original Spectrum? There was also Doctor Dres crew, The Concept Crew. They always looked up to Spectrum, they were down with us.

Was Griff DJing with Spectrum City then?
Griff was later on, after I met back up with them at Adelphi. We made a jam called “NBA, like “something boogie association and Griff was playing timbales. There was a little room with turntables and a washing machine. We had the mics hooked up and made our first jam on a dub plate. Spectrum became Chuck D and Butch Cassidy, the dynamic duo of hip-hop, and the Wizard K-Jee on the wheels of steel. That was it. Flavor and Terminator was way later. I put Terminator down. We were at a club called Twilites out east and K-Jee was the only DJ. Sometimes you need a break. I heard a hot mixtape and it was Melo-D, which was Terminator. I said get out of here, not him. “Cause he was this real shy guy. He had two newborn brothers who were twins and his moms drowned them in a tub and committed suicide. It was on the news back then. He was probably 10. Thats why he dont talk. Terminator was a little fragile dude but his skills were crazy. He came a long way. Johnny Juice, hes badddd. He was another nice DJ down with us. In martial arts hes bad, too. He s a tae kwon do champ.

But Flav got in the group cause he was helping Chuck out on the radio and working for Chucks dad. Thats how they came up with …Public Enemy No. 1‚, riding in the car working for Chucks dad. People were talking about how Chucks style wasnt too tough and that they could battle him. Flavor was just around and that record blew up. Before that we made a jam called …N-41‚, the first of the jams we made to be played on the radio show on BAU. It was myself, Chuck, K-Jee was on the wheels and did the music, and T.A. from Son of Bazerk who were called Townhouse 3 at the time. It makes everybody smile to this day. It was named after the bus that went from Roosevelt to Hempstead, where their studio was. We had just moved into the studio at 510 S. Franklin. Back then we used to ride the bus and play music on the bus. I remember somebody taking a coin, flipping it in and someone would say “Yo where are you going, man, Im going to Roosevelt, Yo catch the N-41. You had all the rappers in the back of the bus. I guess you could say thats the first Public Enemy record. That was in 81, 82. From there, we played it on WBAU and all the groups from Long Island started coming to us like “Yo, how can we be down. So people started coming up to the studio every week‚like Leaders of the New School, I dont know if they called themselves that right off the bat, Townhouse Three, Serious Lee Fine. Obie had probably the biggest hit on there called …Obie Groove‚. A lot of those tapes didnt get out there but we were just as bad as all those cats from New York.

But the bottom line is Spectrum didnt get me into the rap thing, my brother did. He would love to get his props. Every time he sees PE on TV he says “I got those guys out there, and nobody believes him. He would be so happy. Hes a preacher now, living for the lord. Right now hes putting out gospel music.

What were some of the venues you were playing at that time with Spectrum?

There was an Elks Lodge that was more bougie. When we did events there, youd have to get dressed. We wanted it bougie, to change it up and get more sophisticated people. The people who were older and my age‚I was in my 20s at the time‚we didnt want to go to clubs and see kids with sneakers on. We had youth centers for the kids. It was the same music, but youre dressed. We added a little flash to it. Our parties started off in youth centers but in clubs you wore shoes. There was a place called Onstage right near the train station in Freeport, that was one of the biggest clubs. “Chic; was a word we used. It was a “chic function, or you had your “b-boy function.

What about Chuck? Was he getting dressed up flashy? I cant see that.
Chuck always dressed like how he dresses now‚a pair of black jeans, shirt and hat. Thats Chuck. People knew me for being in the forefront and getting down with cowbells and things. Keith did the music and Hank was the soundman.

My rapping skills were below average. Chucks were phenomenal. I was pretty much a hype man with a look. MCing but with the dancing, pulling girls-that was me. It was all about learning the new dances then. Cause they were college parties and at clubs and college girls are not going to breakdance. All those dances started down south. They had a dance called the Jerry Lewis, Happy Feet. I was known for MCing and dancing. I never could do all that breaking and popping. I did the moonwalk.

So would you consider yourself one of the first hype men?
A hype man was more what Flavor was. Id say “My name is Butch Cassidy and this is MC Chucky D and Grand Wizard K-Jee, ooh ha ha. Often imitated, never duplicated, you just waited and waited for the number one common denominator, SPECTRUM, you at Spectrum City mama. Yeah! We had the lights. We were the first ones that came up with the coffin for record players. Most people had two turntables-we made a coffin, put lights on it, and carried it around. So every time you see cats carrying around coffins, we originated that with Spectrum. Theres a real history. I always knew that group was going to be famous. I remember telling my pops‚he didnt want to hear about me putting out records.. Its just a shame that I was out before it happened.

On the road with Public Enemy, Fear of a Black Planet tour, 1990

What happened between you and them?
Me and Hank Shocklee had a falling out. There was a club called Twilites in Bay Shore, which Spectrum basically ran on the weekendsThis was back when the spike chains was out. There was lots of spike chains in there! Hank was not a drinker. Neither am I, but I could handle my liquor more. Me and (Roosevelt-based MC) Sugar Bear had dates. I was getting down with K-Jee, doing what I do and Sugar Bear told me “Hank wont let your girl back in the club. I went down and Hank was standing there and he really wouldnt let her in. Hank was drunk. I said well talk about it tomorrow. He said “No get your girls in check. I was like what? She was crying, Sugar Bear wanted to fight him. I told him its not worth it and went home. The next day K-Jee was supposed to pick me up for a gig we had and he said “I aint cause you was in a fight with my brother. I said youre brother was drunk, if anything he disrespected me. At that time I was doing Eddie impersonations. I had Lookalike Tuesdays at a club called Native New Yorker in Hempstead which is now a strip club called Taste of Honey and I went to Spectrums studio, to do a flyer. All of us had cubicles with our names on it. My name was ripped off the cubicle. Hank came in, he couldnt look me in the face but he said “You were going to fight me over some tang. Then, he says, “Bottom line, I just cant deal with you. After all those years of being like a family-more than five years of doing gigs all over. I went over my girls and cried. That was my family and they deserted me. They said Chuck said it too, and Chuck was my best friend. So I took my stuff and I left.

Was this when they were getting with Def Jam?
This was way before that. When I saw Chuck he said he never said that. Twilite still continued on, finally that faded out and K-Jee was kicked out the group by his brother and Hank replaced him with Terminator X. Hank wanted you to work. Even if there was nothing to do- he would come around and say dont stand around, yelling. But in Spectrum City, Hank was the man.

What was your role on the radio show like?

The Wizard K-Jee would do a mix at Spectrum City, the studio, and Chuck and I would do the overdubs sometimes. We would say such and such gives a shout out to such and such crew from Strong Island or whatever, make your papers and wed send them the tape. Sometimes it would be live. I was the MC. An MC is the master of ceremonies. A rapper is a rapper who raps. People confuse the concept. I was an MC and I rapped a little. Chuck was an MC and he rapped a little. Wizard K-Jee was the only DJ and Terminator X came later on. Flavor was just Flavor. Flavor played instruments and all this other stuff.

WBAU was a hot spot. We threw a party at Adelphi on a Thursday night and they had the Fat Boys there. The Fat Boys came to the radio station, then went right downstairs and did a show. Run DMC we had on the station but not a show. Run DMC liked …Public Enemy No. 1‚, thats how it took off for them. That station was like a little cubicle‚you were stacked in there. Run DMC, LL Cool J, a lot of them cats started out coming to WBAU on the Super Spectrum Mixx Show and The Mr. Bill Show, Bill Stephneys show. We were the pioneers. Before us, we just used to hear Mr. Magic on the d-low.

jonnycuba
03-12-12, 09:06 AM
Contd.

Did you encounter a young EPMD or Rakim in those days? Was Suffolk in the house at Adelphi jams?
Funny you should say that. EPMD wanted me to manage them before they blew up. I had their first demo. That was later on and, at that time, I was out of the loop of things. They heard of me but I didnt know who they were. I wasnt interested in doing management so I sent them to Hank Shocklee. I dont even know if they contacted him. I told them cats you guys are dreaming‚its hard to be in the business. Sure enough EPMD blew up. I could have been their manager. But all those artists were way after Spectrum City. I remember me and Chuck standing outside the Nassau Coliseum and seeing Grandmaster Flash and Whodini, who were a big influence on me and Chuck. Chuck always had his hand folded saying, …We gotta get out there.‚ That was our favorite topic. I knew we would one day, we were just as bad as those boys. Damn, that brings back some good memories. Back in those days if I would have died the next day after DJing I would have been happy in life. It was so much fun, snapping, joking with each other, setting up the speakers, people were saying youre the baddest DJs ever. It was the best, man. The DJ was the star more than the MC. The MC came along later.

How did you end up hooking up a record deal on your own when you were still with Spectrum?
I hadnt seen Chuck and Hank in a while and they came by my house one day and said “Yo Butch were going to put a record out with you on Profile. Right now the Whop is hot and were going to make a record like that. I think maybe they gave me $100 or something‚very little of nothing. It was …Drop the Bomb‚ and …Do The Whop‚ ‚it was so corny. It was one of the first records that came out on Profile, though It was under Aaron Allen‚such a corny name for a record .It went “Do the Whop, do the Whop. Im going to show you how to do the whop. Just act like mike Tyson hit you in the head. It was a little comedy. Im pretty sure it was a tax write-off. It never went nowhere.

So why did they do it?
I have no idea. I just know Hank came to me, I wasnt doing anything and Profile said they would put it out. My other record, …DJs Birthday‚ had nothing to do with Spectrum. Charles Casseus said he had this idea so I wrote some lines to it, got a deal with TNT Records and put it out. I dont know how I even got that deal. That was the first rap jam from anyone on Long Island. I dont know which came out first, that or the Spectrum record. I remember they were saying that I was getting an ego, cause I was getting my nails done. It was an aura that I had.

Were they upset that Charles Casseus came to you outside the group?
Well, I didnt have no contracts and he was down with us. 510 was the music capital on Long Island at that time. You had Eric Sadler downstairs and Charles Casseus in the same studio with him and another guy named Paul Shabazz-he was so talented. He had a band called ESP.

Wasnt there supposed to be another Spectrum record that never came out
We were supposed to have a song called …Phi Funk Frats‚. It was a frat record, something like “All the Alphas make some noise! It never came out.

Were you guys in a frat?
We made up our own frats. I didnt go to college, I just infiltrated Adelphi being a party head. Frats are very bougie so I said Ill make up my own. There may be thousands of them out there. It was called Phi BN‚Phi Bust A Nut. To this day, T-Money, Dre and them say “Phi BN “s gonna be alright, lick that clit doggy style. Sigmas incorporated Phi BN under their chapter. Years later me and Dre saw Phi BN people at New York Tech, I think.

So what are you up to these days? Any music?
No. I just opened my dojo in West Hempstead. I came up with what I call “Mic Check. Its a lollipop in the shape of a mic with rhymes inside. I was trying to sell it to Master P. I got a patent on it. It has to get out there because when you get a patent it only lasts for fourteen years.

Butch Cassidy Discography:

Spectrum City …Lies‚/‚Check Out The Radio‚ 12‚ (Vanguard, 1984)
Butch Cassidys Funk Bunch …(On A) DJs Birthday‚ 12‚ (TNT, 1984)
Aaron Allen …Do The Whop (Drop The Bomb) 12‚ (Profile, 1984)
The Interrogators …Back To The Scene of the Bass‚ from Terminator Xs The Valley of the Jeep Beats LP (Columbia/Def Jam, 1991)
5ive-O If UR Not Part Uv Da Solution‚¦ LP (Ichiban, 1994)

sasQwax
03-12-12, 11:10 AM
Cheers for the interview MreD - really interesting stuff. Thanks for the reformatting too, Jonny

Chris
03-12-12, 11:29 AM
Thanks for that Mr. Cuba!

A load of the old threads didn't take too kindly to being migrated from the original forum to the last one... and then to this one. Fixing all the gremlins would take me years, but I do try and clean things up as they get rebumped. :)