Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    There's always gonna be that small number of people out there that only buy records like this one just to resell them for a profit. It happens with everything. That's what killed the sneaker game too.

DWG Warrior
    I have received my copy, and it's not to sell!!!!Just for my crates!!!
    Big respect Slice Of Spice!!!

DWG Warrior
    i brought copies with multiple accounts and i'm going to leave them sealed and never play them. Possibly sell them for as much money as i can get.

no wait, that's some weak bitch manoeuvres..

DWG Warrior
    I really love this 7'. Im gonna treat this vinyl with love. This vinyl is cool, the album cover is cool and the story behind it is cool. AND ofcourse the music of Damu is GREAT. Thanks Spice!

DWG Warrior
    yeah, Yes We Can is that mellow shit!

DWG Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by VinylAthletes View Post
    There's always gonna be that small number of people out there that only buy records like this one just to resell them for a profit. It happens with everything. That's what killed the sneaker game too.
    Yeah, I hear that, and obviously don't want to be a hypocrite here, as I've done it myself, and we know people do it with DWG releases. However, we attempted to be very careful with the copies made available for sale to prevent this issue on a project of a very personal nature. Unfortunately this creep used multiple accounts, and it was never spotted. And I say creep because he wasted no time in listing the record on Discogs for a ridiculous amount of money, and was also found bragging about it on a Polish forum.

All I know is Karma spins like a vinyl slice, and he'll get his...

DWG Sponsor
    Yeah, that's a dope track right there, and it's a 7 inch mix, compared to the stunningly long version he gave me to post as a free MP3, back in my Wax Poetics days. To be honest I prefer how the labels came out on the b-side, with the wax color.

That track also means a lot as both symbolized a birth of change in our (mine and everyone's) lives.

DWG Sponsor
    I'm going to say it...I f*cking hate Discogs!

So my comments were removed from Discogs, despite the fact no bad language was used, and it's my record. I really do struggle to understand how they operate over there sometimes.

The question is did Jackson remove the record, or did someone actually pay the $140 for it? I'll admit one person did contact me to say that if no more were to be available he'd have no option but to buy it?!?!

DWG Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MillionDollars View Post
    i don't understand how this can be sold out though?! did you move the 500 copies that fast? :O
    Well technically as the record is "for promotional use only" sold out would also be misleading

That was just a pop-up-store we created to help get some copies out to real fans, who had been contacting both myself and the guys over at ReDef. The 'sold out' was just used to close down orders once the set time we gave ourselves had passed.

As for the 500 pressed, a large number were indeed given away, and let's face it, when your giving it away for free, there's not many people who turn you down. For me a large number went to family, friends, associates, artists, and industry contacts. I'm sure ReDef did exactly the same with their copies, although I'm sure, like myself, there are still some copies left over. For me that's mostly because there are still friends and industry heads that I've not yet passed these over to, but they'll all go eventually and I'm sure some, for whatever reason will find their way on to eBay or Discogs, so what can you do.

Rest assured that there will be a few more competitions, and opportunities for fans to try and grab a copy of this record. I sincerely hope every true fan of Damu The Fudgemunk, and this track, gets one. But even then, it will be hard to please everyone. I hope like me they're glad that the music is out there for free, as an MP3, for everyone to enjoy.

Thanks again to everyone for their kind words, and support for this project. It's given me a lot of energy for the DWG projects I'm working on, and for the next couple of releases on Slice-of-Spice Records. Rest assured, it will be easier to grab these records, when they are announced in the coming months, and may well be just as good, if not better
    Last edited by SliceOfSpice; 11-03-11 at 04:23 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Received my absolutely unsalable (!!!) copy. Thanks for the effort!