Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    The seller told me his getting more copies this week or next
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

DWG Warrior
    just read this on discogs

apparently Cut Chemist won the ebay auction for the original of this single, but that unfortunately it was pretty trashed. I picked up one of these on ebay (and glad I did because they are gone now, though I'm gonna keep watching in case someone else has them cause I wouldn't mind getting a spare or super low numbered copy) -- it's a cool collectible, kinda pricey, but a great song. Whatever the source of these ("warehouse find"? -- yeah right!), somebody did hip hop history a favor by getting this out there since the original was trashed.

prehaps the cd rip isnt such a bad thing afterall
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    From a very reliable source I can confirm that TEG did have something to do with this reissue/bootleg and that there is only 250 copies out there.

DWG Warrior
    ^ that makes a lot of sense...

DWG Warrior
    So Taste-E-Groove = TEG, make sense ^^

DWG Warrior
    to be fair to this record the recording is nice and loud on the pressing, the hiss in the quite part of the tracks gives it a nice vintage feel

im glad Traffic did this!!

i got a number in the 60s in the post this week , personly i thought the price was very good!! i can see these gaining value over time come on its ULTRA!!! 250 pressed savy record investers may be getting a few on this bases,

i stick to the stock market for money making he!he!
    Last edited by skim; 26-03-11 at 06:52 PM. Reason: error on my reply
    Dam i love this site!!

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim View Post
    im glad Traffic did this!! shame a white lie was on the bio at the start of the auctions because they knew dam well it was a lie he!he!
    Traffic had something to do with the pressing, but there not selling it.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    Traffic had something to do with the pressing, but there not selling it.
    so the seller is not connected with Traffic i edited my info now he must be there best seller for them

have you seen all the other Traffic releases on his e bay
    Last edited by skim; 26-03-11 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling as usual
    Dam i love this site!!

DWG Warrior
    From the source I've got Traffic had something tp do with the making of the record, but I'm unsure if it's for them to sell on, or for someone else. but I'm assuming that, that person either works for Traffic or is the person Traffic made the record for.

In the end, it's good to get the record, but why this seller had to lie to try to get the record to sell is beyond me, as the record will sell on it's own merits anyway.