Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Suggestions for new DWG projects

Not sure if this is really a new thread, didn't check all the other threads...
    But maybe us DWG Warriors can offer some suggestions for future DWG projects/collabos etc.?

If I may I'd like to start off by suggesting to unearth RC NUCLEUS to see if he recorded any more gems other than that release on EMF Records?

'Cuz, although not really rare (if that's a criterium), I think this record epitomizes Random Rap and is hella DOPE. All three cuts are simply amazing, especially 'Liquid Music'...! Dope beats, dope-ass lyrics and tight production, what more can you wish for? Besides, I think it's a shame that artists like RC (but we can all name dozens like him) never got their shine...!!

I actually tried to get hold of RC some years ago, just to see what he's up to and perhaps hoping that he's got some unreleased stuff somewhere. So I got in touch with producer Anthony Moody (aka D-MOET of KING SUN, X-CALIBUR (but also NAS) fame, among others). However, he lost track of RC NUCLEUS and didn't seem too anxious to help find him. He told me he'd moved on, becoming the very succesful producer he is now.
    So, I guess that was a dead end. Don't know if the guys at DWG wanna pick up where I left, but I'd love to hear other suggestions for future DWG projects. And, perhaps one day there will be another release by one of our long lost 'heroes'...?!

Peace out,
    Last edited by Dutch Master; 17-06-11 at 08:47 AM.

DWG Warrior
    I love "Liquid Music".
    How many MC´s started off their tracks with bragging about playing a musical instrument?!
    If there are more tracks like this, they need to be unearthed.
    DO-City´s Calling

DWG Warrior
    C'mon guys...! Looks like everybody's been checking this thread, but none of you have got any other suggestions for future DWG-projects? Or is it because of the Phill Most Chill 2LP that you're satisfied for now...? To be honest, we can all name dozens of MC's/Crews in this thread, but who cares. Right? But, hey, who knows maybe the DWG Big Dogs can find some inspiration in our suggestions. If they need any, that is...

Anyway, to cast another stone: it seems as though there's a project with Grand G in the works? His shout out, and little freestyle, on Lungbutters sure suggests something like this. Now, that would be a more than worthy future project (if you ask me)!

Until then, holla back!
    Last edited by Dutch Master; 21-06-11 at 08:18 PM.
    Peace out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Master View Post
    C'mon guys...! Looks like everybody's been checking this thread, but none of you have got any other suggestions for future DWG-projects? Or is because of the Phill Most Chill 2LP that you're satisfied for now...? To be honest, we can all name dozens of MC's/Crews in this thread, but who cares. Right? But, hey, who knows maybe the DWG Big Dogs can find some inspiration in our suggestions. If they need any, that is...

Anyway, to cast another stone: it seems as though there's a project with Grand G in the works? His shout out, and little freestyle, on Lungbutters sure suggests something like this. Now, that would be a more than worthy future project (if you ask me)!

Until then, holla back!
    Dude, I'd think you've probably answered your own question.

All good to make suggestions

That said, we've got a few good things lined up for the next few spots on the discography. And I've got a personal dream wishlist that I hope I can gradually turn into reality.

Hell, 'Slave of New York' started off on that list. And the Phill Most album. And the TDS Mob release. And the Unique EP. And the Main Source 7"... And... and... and...

- repeats and fades into silence -

DWG Warrior
    Some ol mobb deep stuff ? Early to mid 90's...:-)

Some large professor stuff

Main source

Nas

So not reallly lost or forgotten, but lots of lost unreleased material

DWG Warrior
    I get the feeling that you could never guarantee that any Mobb Deep releases would remain exclusives.

Main Source is too much of an ass ache to work with. Not sure if it's more those two Toronto boys or Paul.

Nas would be good but I feel like there's already so many unofficial Nas records that you might not be able to guarantee the exclusivity of his project either.

I like when we get the lesser known artists with the absolute fire tunes. The Unique, PMC and TDS releases all really blew me away.

Don't forget Chris slyly intimated that a Latee x DWG release might see the light of day.

Actually, I need to speak to you about that one Chris. Remember, I found a copy of his original contract with Flavor Unit Records. Might make for a nice little bundle extra.
    Last edited by J$MONEY; 21-06-11 at 02:26 PM.

I'd love to hear the unreleased Goldtop LP
    Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts and Prints at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

DWG Warrior
    I'd like to see some totally ill 'unknown' gem that isn't even a big name - someone that recorded some dope stuff but never got a deal or something along those lines. Unearth some gems that only the artist knows exist. I've no idea how you would find that stuff though if nobody knows to look for it. Something along the lines of how the early Dooley-O stuff was forgotten about and then suddenly given a release years later.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
    I'd like to see some totally ill 'unknown' gem that isn't even a big name - someone that recorded some dope stuff but never got a deal or something along those lines. Unearth some gems that only the artist knows exist.
    Might have something right along these lines coming up shortly... as well as a few 'bigger name' releases as well. There is some seriously great stuff still unreleased out here. Just a case of building relationships with the artists, doing the mathematics and, for me, cranking up Photoshop

Thanks to all who've supported and contributed to any of our releases so far. There's a lot of life left in DWG at the moment!