Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Some of the more interesting Roots Records in my Collection...

Its Comin' Promo

Silent Treatment Promo

Rollin With Heat Promo - (with extended version)

JPeriod Exclusives 12" (With sick track "Thought Is Like" over Preemo Nas Is Like beat)

Yall Know Who - (Live LP Sampler)

Hollers Of the Horn - (Japan Only)

3 of the 5 Things fall Apart covers and The Legendary CDs
    Last edited by Postie; 16-06-11 at 11:44 PM.
    Postie
    Spines On The Shelves
    http://ukhiphopcratedigger.blogspot.com/

DWG Warrior
    Great topic.
    Huge fan.

Here are my oddball\unofficial roots rex...

DWG Warrior
    Somewhere in my tape box are home made recordings of a few 95-96 NYC, Albany and DC shows recorded on Walkman.
    I also have a videotape of a winter 95 appearance on Conan. One of the NYC tapes is a show where Malik B came, I think it was The Ritz. This was when Thought used to do the MC Lyte routine with his back to the crowd. They took a ten minute blunt break on stage in the middle of the show.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Postie View Post
    Another I didn't know about - that's why I LOVE THIS SITE!!!
    dito, only knew the split 12" with Black Star, where to peep the promo pls?

also anybody know if "Get Busy" has ever been putted on a 12"?

shame i started to not care much anymore about the roots after things fall apart, they still deliver(ed) some quality output in retrospect.

DWG Warrior
    shame i started to not care much anymore about the roots after things fall apart, they still deliver(ed) some quality output in retrospect.
    I think a lot of people stopped looking out for the Roots after Things Fall Apart because Phrenology seemed to be a big departure from the sound on that LP. I remember being really disappointed after listening to Phrenology because I thought they had gone all soft soul on us with tunes like Break You Off, Sacrifice and Complexity. To be honest though listening back to that LP now, I don't really know why I thought that - there are fair a few really decent harder tunes on that LP - Pussy Galore, Water, Thought at Work, Quills, The Seed 2.0 are all wicked tracks. Then they followed Phrenology up with the Tipping Point and that got slated by a lot of critics for being inconsistent and over indulgent (due to a couple of 10 minute tracks and some (arguably) weaker tunes near the end of the LP). I agree to a point but love the first half of the LP, Star/Pointro, Web, Stay Cool and Don't Say Nutthin - are ill, but I think by that point - as you say, some people had stopped checking them. In my opinion they proved everyone wrong when they smashed it with Game Theory, before dropping off a bit with Rising Down and smashing it again with How I got over.
    Postie
    Spines On The Shelves

DWG Warrior
    BlackStar/Roots split 12" as mentioned by doisn (Can't find any info on the single sided promo though)
    Postie
    Spines On The Shelves

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

+1

I love this 12" aswell. The Hey Bulldog sample is so dope.......I think I got it off ebay a few years back for around $10, much better than the LP version IMO
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Warrior
    Ill Roots tune from Gilles Peterson BBC Sessions - its called Meltin Pot (which is the title of a 10 min track off Tipping Point but is actually BT spitting the verses for Web over what must be a reinterpretation of Melting Pot or something? Don't think this made it to vinyl but wish it did!

http://www.divshare.com/download/15121398-833

Postie
    Spines On The Shelves

^ That's dope. Never heard that before.

I got a bit lost with all the Geffen promos at one point. I remember I played this one a lot though:

Dope Beatminerz production... almost a Large Professor/'bouncy' type of feel to it, thanks to that incredible bassline.

DWG Warrior
    word that proceed v remix from da beatminerz is also nice