Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    just in case someone missed this beauty.... the 'notic featuring the mighty d'angelo. flavors from men in black ep.
    Last edited by evrokski; 18-06-11 at 01:30 PM.

DWG Warrior
    brilliant thread !

nice 1

Del
    cos im a be a DWG'er for life
    remixes - www.myspace.com/soulcondor

DWG Warrior
    Yep love the Thought @ Work 12" (although mine might be the boot according to discogs)

Anyone seen an official Break You Off OG promo with D'Angelo, only seen the boot with bad sound quality.

The JPeriod record is dope too, Act Too 12", Dice Raw Thin Line 12", Distortion remixes and OG 12" as mentioned by everyone

Get Busy got a digital promo but no wax as far as I know except on the LP
    Last edited by Cro; 19-06-11 at 11:49 AM. Reason: added a few 12"s

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by evrokski View Post
    just in case someone missed this beauty.... the 'notic featuring the mighty d'angelo. flavors from men in black ep.
    Cracking Tune ..
    Postie
    Spines On The Shelves
    http://ukhiphopcratedigger.blogspot.com/

DWG Warrior
    I have the OG Break You Off Promo with Musiq but not sure I have ever heard a D'Angelo version - any info? I have the others though, Love Act Too - "Hip hop, Its the love of my life" I guess the essence of that tune probably holds true to a lot of heads on this forum

J period Record is certainly dope as is the whole mixtape it came from...

Dice Raw ft Black Thought - Thin Line (between Raw and Jiggy) 12"
    Postie
    Spines On The Shelves

DWG Warrior
    For me the hardest, and possibly best tune from last few years has to be 75 Bars. i love it when Black Thought drops bars over simple beats driven by hard ?uestlove drums. I am guessing that this is a bootleg, but not entirly sure so any info would be appreciated - the A-side of the record is Skillz - "So Good" ft Common.

Original LP Version....

And I think this Video shows how much respect Black Thought gets from other MCs - he's pretty much the definition of an MCs MC! Mos knows the words better than Tariq! Check what Mos says at the end about the Tariq and Amir being on some Lennon and McCartney shit!
    Last edited by Postie; 19-06-11 at 01:37 PM.
    Postie
    Spines On The Shelves

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Postie View Post
    I think a lot of people stopped looking out for the Roots after Things Fall Apart because Phrenology seemed to be a big departure from the sound on that LP. I remember being really disappointed after listening to Phrenology because I thought they had gone all soft soul on us with tunes like Break You Off, Sacrifice and Complexity. To be honest though listening back to that LP now, I don't really know why I thought that - there are fair a few really decent harder tunes on that LP - Pussy Galore, Water, Thought at Work, Quills, The Seed 2.0 are all wicked tracks. Then they followed Phrenology up with the Tipping Point and that got slated by a lot of critics for being inconsistent and over indulgent (due to a couple of 10 minute tracks and some (arguably) weaker tunes near the end of the LP). I agree to a point but love the first half of the LP, Star/Pointro, Web, Stay Cool and Don't Say Nutthin - are ill, but I think by that point - as you say, some people had stopped checking them. In my opinion they proved everyone wrong when they smashed it with Game Theory, before dropping off a bit with Rising Down and smashing it again with How I got over.
    exactly, well put mate! looking back theres decent tunes on each later album. they just moved on, and thats a good thing. might gonna pick them up someday..

DWG Warrior
    also i remember hearing a special mix of Reality TV on the make it fast make it slow beat before that jay stay paid album dropped. anyone got the mp3?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase View Post
    +1

I love this 12" aswell. The Hey Bulldog sample is so dope.......I think I got it off ebay a few years back for around $10, much better than the LP version IMO
    A sick version of Thought at Work apparently recorded for a mixtape I don't have- any ideas?

Postie
    Spines On The Shelves

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post

Anyone seen an official Break You Off OG promo with D'Angelo, only seen the boot with bad sound quality.
    this sounds interesting... with yoda breakin' it off !

always thought that 'the show' was a good cover record...

http://www.discogs.com/Various-In-Th...release/766078