Welcome to the DWG Forums.

watch the doorknob hit me where the dirty dog shoulda' bit me

I remember hearing Tribe/1nce Again for the first time and thinking it was a bit rubbish.
    I thought the beat was ok (wasn't keen on the signing though) but my main problem was the lyrics, it sounded to me (and still does) like they knocked up the lyrics on a five minute fag break.
    So I played 1nce Again and most of Beats, Rhymes, Life last night and I've warmed to it, I thought it was OK.
    Im still finding one bit of 1nce Again problematic though, the line:

"watch the doorknob hit me where the dirty dog shoulda' bit me"

I dont get this line? Can anyone tell me what it mean? Im sure it must have some meaning that is going right over my head.

DWG Warrior
    The doorknob would hit him on the same place a dirty dog would bite him - the arse.

DWG Warrior
    I was the same when 1st heard 1nce Again. Wasnt massively into it but copped the 12" because it had Scenario and 1,2 Sht on the bside.

Prefer this blend I did of it over the Crooklyn inst tbh

https://audiomack.com/djstepone/song...crooklyn-blend

DWG Warrior
    1nce Again was definitely a grower for me too.

Gimme that song over the entire comeback ATCQ album.

really like 1nce Again... bizarrely was only issued as a promo in the US, and then tucked away on the B-Side of Stressed Out

I’ve always been a huge fan of this track, which is further proof that I was well into Dilla before the other cool kids.