Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    stoopid dope!

did nubian mob ever get a 45 release?
    yeah there is, its a European release
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

DWG Warrior
    Cold Chillin’ book on the way.
    4CAA3D84-BD9D-425E-B7B3-F01ED9BE152D.jpeg
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    This is one of my fave books of the year, so much dope info

DWG Contributor
    I enjoyed it however I was slightly disappointed that it had the usual narratives and focused on some things but not others. There was a lot of great detail there but for example, artists like MC Shan (yes I am bias as he's my favourite artist) were given the usual well trodden treatment and of course the usual 'he got beat' narrative. I realise this is because he was one of the artists not interviewed in the book but I'd have liked to see:

-coverage of his brilliant 2nd album (pioneered this/juice crew law etc) - it barely got a mention whilst Kane's rubbish LPs like Prince of darkness got the full treatment (don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of Kane too!)
    -the usual played out 'he got beat' narrative was a disappointment especially in a box about Cold Chillin'. If you examine the facts this was not the case but it has become the narrative due to constant reinforcement by certain artists.
    -Shante was also hardly touched other than usual mid 80s narratives - 2nd LP etc (Livin' Large was a cold chilling subsid).... I could go on!

Don't get me wrong I really like the book however those aspects disappointed me but equally I can see why as the aforementioned artists weren't covered as much due to the fact they weren't interviewed!
    Marching across this war-torn land, Liberty Grooves is here to bruise the bland...

www.facebook.com/solidnmindrap

www.whirlwindd.bandcamp.com

www.kanefm.com

DWG Warrior
    Have you tried contacting Shan for an interview on your show fella? Obviously be careful, never meet your heroes and all that, but you'd be a great person to do it and could try and get some stuff cleared up.

DWG Warrior
    ^Huhhh ? Does Whirlwind D still have a radio show on?
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    Have you tried contacting Shan for an interview on your show fella? Obviously be careful, never meet your heroes and all that, but you'd be a great person to do it and could try and get some stuff cleared up.

That's a really good idea! It could be really interesting but I know what you mean about not meeting heroes lol!
    Marching across this war-torn land, Liberty Grooves is here to bruise the bland...

www.kanefm.com

DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by evrokski View Post
    ^Huhhh ? Does Whirlwind D still have a radio show on?
    I still do a small Pioneers section on Cold Krush Radio however Kane FM contacted me last week and asked if I'd start doing the Pioneers show again and I'm very tempted. The reason I stopped was the travelling back and forth late at night however they've suggested that I could do it from home and then Kane put it out......I think I probably will!

www.kanefm.com

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind D View Post
    I still do a small Pioneers section on Cold Krush Radio however Kane FM contacted me last week and asked if I'd start doing the Pioneers show again and I'm very tempted. The reason I stopped was the travelling back and forth late at night however they've suggested that I could do it from home and then Kane put it out......I think I probably will!
    Yes do that D, as i never get to hear your other show anymore being as it's on Facebook

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind D View Post
    Do it.✌.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en