Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DWG Contributor
    It does sound like a new beat on an old vocal... strange...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner von Wallenrod View Post
    It does sound like a new beat on an old vocal... strange...
    more than strange it's pure wackness and they want 20$ for that 7inch...

DWG Contributor
    On twitter, I asked: Is this an old a capella paired with a new instrumental?
    And Craig G replied: Nah it's a song from 1987

DWG Warrior
    I don't like the song that much. It's ok but nothing special.. And 30 bucks with international shipping sounds to expensive to me.. So too bad but i am not buying. As i skipped that Labtekwon record on goodfellons for the same reason..

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by monnezza View Post
    Here is a snippet of the upcoming unreleased Craig G track entitled "I Can't Stop" - pulled from the vaults of the legendary Marley Marl. Track will be released as a 7" vinyl single only and will be limited to 300 pressings....

http://soundcloud.com/roots-forward/...t-stop-7-promo
    Thanks for posting this up; I actually hope it's all brand new (beats and rhymes) and that Craig and Marley do some kind of "throwback" LP on the back of this......

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner von Wallenrod View Post
    On twitter, I asked: Is this an old a capella paired with a new instrumental?
    And Craig G replied: Nah it's a song from 1987
    Did you respond Werner? Do you/ anyone truly believe this glossy production is nearly 25 years old?

Are Craig & Marley really attempting to tell their market that this track is from 1987 ?

I smell doody, I smell some Top Shelf BS without the exaggerated PR

DWG Warrior
    Maybe it's an old joint that never dropped and Marley still had the discs so have re-recorded or something - maybe Craig re-recorded the original vocals? It does sound a bit too crisp for a 25 year old joint and Craigs voice is a bit different to how i'm used to hearing it. A puzzler for sure.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
    Maybe it's an old joint that never dropped and Marley still had the discs so have re-recorded or something - maybe Craig re-recorded the original vocals? It does sound a bit too crisp for a 25 year old joint and Craigs voice is a bit different to how i'm used to hearing it. A puzzler for sure.
    A 'puzzler' is about as generous a term as ye can get Mr Fantastic

Its some form of imitation one way or tuther, surely...

DWG Contributor
    Did you respond Werner? Do you/ anyone truly believe this glossy production is nearly 25 years old?

I think it sounds new, but I'm not really confident enough about that to call Craig G a liar on twitter. lol

DWG Warrior
    I hear ye, im as bold as brass, but I even aint callin no one a liar unless im face to face with them, and especially not on a social network. Its not 25 years old, its bleedin obvs to my ears, but its a marketing technique, no point me gettin all uppity about it.

Its just a shame that these erroneous techniques are used period, on the very consumers that fork out their hard-earned finances

BTW I Twittered Marley about the demos, I doubt he'll respond but its worth a punt