Welcome to the DWG Forums.

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Brand Nubian LP?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • One For All

39 78.00%
  • In God We Trust

5 10.00%
  • Everything Is Everything

4 8.00%
  • Foundation

2 4.00%
  • Fire In The Hole

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    DWG Warrior
    Loved the first three but not much else. The later albums had a few tracks but were nowhere near as complete as the first ones. I think they got slightly weaker with each release but although I don't really like the later ones they were by no means crap.

One For All is definitely my favourite and in my opinion, their best.

I played both One For All and In God We Trust today, the only two Brand Nubian albums I've ever heard all the way though.
    I never did properly check Everything Is Everything, I hated the single that dropped with the AWB samples, I like AWB but I really dislike that loop/sample for some reason.
    I dont think Ive heard any of Foundation or Fire In The Hole.

A few random thoughts/memories:

I was just getting out of the House scene when the All For one dropped and it one of the first albums that I borrowed off a friend as they had all been going on about it.

I remember listening to it on my Walkman and thinking Puba was probably the best rapper in the world, and that Derek X might also be the best rapper in the world. As I got familiar with the album I really felt Puba was the true star of the show, Derek was good/interesting and Jamar was...I cant remember what I thought about Jamar, I think he just got overshadowed. Over the years I decided Jamar was shit but today I have promoted him to the level of OK.

Playing One For All today I still think Puba was on top form, absolutely incredible, I know I've mentioned the unpopular opinion on here before that after One For ALL his rapping/output went down the shitte bar maybe one track.

I think Sadat is ok in a crew so I can enjoy him on the two Brand Nubian albums I have but Ive never liked his Wild Cowboys album and I rechecked it last week.

In God we trust is an OK album held together by a few strong tracks.

All For One is a truly incredible album held together by a 13/14 good but not incredible tracks (well ok I'll say Wake Up is incredible but that it). The sum is greater than the parts on this album.

Ive never heard Jamar's solo album but do watch his Youtube channel from time to time, he had Just Ice on the other day which was cool.

I was surprised to hear that Puba now works in a hospital, on a deck I believe dealing with the public, something like that anyway.
    Last edited by francois parker; 23-12-20 at 05:08 AM.

So many incredible tracks on this album but also agree it is the sum of the parts that makes it a 5 star record... even the weaker tracks like Try To Do Me and Who Can Get Busy work in the context of the overall album... Step to the Rear is my jam though, Puba's finest ever performance right there IMO...

DWG Warrior
    Ditto on Step To The Rear. LP top ten for me.
    Jamar's - Greatest Story Never Told is dope (but he's a prick!)
    Can't fault In God We Trust.
    Can't really remember Foundation.
    Some jams on Everything Is Everything. (aka the slowest album ever!!)According to Evrokski?
    Wild Cowboys is dope.

Quote Originally Posted by dannycrates View Post
    Wild Cowboys is dope.
    best solo Brand Nubian album IMO... Reel To Reel and 2000 are up there though

DWG Warrior
    Step To The Rear is 100% the definition of incredible rap music.

DWG Warrior
    Wild Cowboys is quality. Pete rocks piano loops on NY still sounds incredibly fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    Wild Cowboys is quality. Pete rocks piano loops on NY still sounds incredibly fresh.
    Agreed, playing it right now, incredible production.

DWG Warrior
    Just realised.....I can fault In God We Trust.

Been listening to it in the car this week & I hate the LP version of "Punks..." Think I'd forgot the Diamond D remix was actually a remix. Probably been mentioned somewhere on here before!!

DWG Warrior
    Update......Not the Diamond D remix, I don't like that either....the 12" version produced by Diamond D....that's the one I like!! Sorry