Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Beats that the MC didnít deserve

Been listening to the Slum Village LP & as much as I enjoy it Ė the MCís are garbage.

Given that I can tolerate a track with a weak MC and great production (but not the other way around), it got me thinking that there are a lot of tracks that satisfy this criteria.

Other beats/producers that ended up with weak MCís (these are just for starters):

ē Buckwild remix for One Little Indian
    ē Anyone that supplied a beat for ADOR
    ē Q Tip for Craig Mack
    ē Native Tongues for Chi Ali
    ē Buckwild for Celph Titled
    ē Harry O guesting on Lord Finesse
    ē Premier with Group Home (great LP, but theyíre pretty poor as MCís)

Add on..

DWG Contributor
    Great idea for a thread, although I love Lil' Dap as an MC!

DWG Warrior
    GOTSTA' be Group Home for the title.
    Celph Titled (1990now could've been so much more imo)
    Basblasta
    never the biggest Party Arty fan.
    Buck65 uses amazing records, but why he was ever aloud to touch the mic, I'll never know.
    Madlib for Freddie Gibbs

DWG Warrior
    Gotta say I liked ADOR, same goes for Celph, I'm glad Buckwild didn't just get people like AG or OC when he unearthed those beats, sure if they had come out in 1994 it would've been a different matter.

Didn't Premier do a beat for Christina Aguilera? That's a waste for me!

Chi-Ali is my top choice, without question. But... I appreciate he was just a kid at the time, so I can't really blame him either.
    But I'd have killed for the instrumentals to that album.

I really like that Celph and Buckwild album. I think he's a much better MC than people give him credit for – certainly says some funny and entertaining stuff, in my opinion. Can't see where the hate came from on that album at all!

DWG Warrior
    some of yall are trippin balls!!

buckwild with celph is a winner

harry-o's verse on "show em..." is straight heat, check:
    "I get raw like bloody liver, make a rapper shiver and shake
    So make no mistake you`re stepping to the great
    Rap pro, I get raw cause it`s natural
    My cousin sport a fade and half-moon, I sport an afro"

buck 65 is a better rapper than the emcees on every indie record from the 90's!!!

funnily enough just listening to slum now, in all honesty i love the lyrics as much as the beats "the S is the shit, so eat a dick"

biggest waste for me would be some of the great beats primo gave to MOP for them to rasp over

DWG Warrior
    You could flip this and say that Nas was too good for a lot of the shitty beats he's used

Alot of people Primo has worked with in the last 5 years haven't been up to par (Termanology, Nick Javas etc)

DWG Warrior
    I agree about Slum Village, Mr Long on the 2nd Black Sheep lp spoils many a good track.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sime View Post
    Gotta say I liked ADOR, same goes for Celph, I'm glad Buckwild didn't just get people like AG or OC when he unearthed those beats, sure if they had come out in 1994 it would've been a different matter.

Didn't Premier do a beat for Christina Aguilera? That's a waste for me!
    that hippy skippy moon strut beat is killer. i also think aguilera did a decent job on the vocals.

premier has made loads of great beats that the mcs didnt deserve. in more recent times that termanolgy&bun b track "this is how we rock". is a perfect example...
    Last edited by udon; 19-01-12 at 12:01 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    some of yall are trippin balls!!
    I agree on the early Slum stuff but Elzhi is a beast, I really liked Dilla as a rapper though he had alot of charisma

Got bored of Termanology pretty quickly. I remember thinking Fat Joe's first album was a waste of beats but like it now. Motherfuckers know I'm the best....yeah right

The Christina singles good for playing out (yeah shoot me) and I doubt any rapper would have sounded decent on it. She did get some damn good beats from memory although I just skipped through the tracks once so could be chatting sh!t (6 on the album or something)