Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 402 of 403 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403 LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4029
    DWG Warrior
    I’ve recently had a few Rap Winkels.. Homeliss Derilex lp which I thought the wax looked nice but it didn't sound so good to me. No depth to the sound and the cover art was a bit grainy, as you said FP, I also don't have any other version to compare it to. Just the other day I received the J Rock that has a really nasty mark in the vinyl on side C which didn’t affect my listening pleasure but overall I think it sounds a bit flat like something is missing. I thought the cover looked a bit meh too. Again , I don’t have another version to compare it to. I also got the Scott Lark lp and that had a number of visible scratches on it but none of the marks affected my listening pleasure and this one sounds pretty good to me and is the best of the three I’ve copped. I like the cover on this one and it has a great hype sticker. Ive only had a couple of 12s of Scott Larks so getting the extra tracks made my day.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    Did you complain about those scratches? Because when I do they act like I m crazy...

Regarding the j rock the cover is neither the og lp one nor the cd one. Don't know how they managed that.
    Regarding sound quality it s ok but to be honest it sound exactly like the jap boot from around 10 years ago. So my guess is it s from the CD source.
    I compared as well to the drug dealer 12" that I have and you can clearly ear the difference the new press has more bass and the voice and drums are not as clear as on the of 12".
    I can't compare other tracks as I only have the 12".
    They also added the drug dealer primo remix which was not on the of lp but primo is not credited when he is for all the other tracks he produced.
    Ho and the new press is a bit slower than the 12" like 0.5%

For the Scott lark da sensei the tracks on the lp sound exactly the same as on the 2 12" from the mid 90s except again there is a slight speed variation.

Quote Originally Posted by shadout View Post
    Did you complain about those scratches? Because when I do they act like I m crazy...

Regarding the j rock the cover is neither the og lp one nor the cd one. Don't know how they managed that.
    I think I see what they have done now, for some reason I think they have cropped the original album artwork down to just a small section of the original artwork and blown that section up to now cover the whole jacket? If that's what they have done why? No wonder it looks blurry!

Original

jrock1.JPG

2019 Reissue

jrock2.jpg

DWG Warrior
    My OG LP sounds decent for having quite a lot of tracks in 91 so don’t think I’m going to bother with this.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    sounds like a horrible reissue by all accounts!
    there is no excuse for blurry covers in the year 2019 & why crop it?

It's such a random picture to begin with. Blatantly not his car.
    Where is he driving to? why did he park next all those tree's? He's from the streets and they are like a jungle?

DWG Warrior
    Thanks for the replies fellas. I think Iíll pass on de Rap Winkel reissues and continue my hunt for an OG J Rock at a reasonable price

DWG Warrior
    I held off on buying this one as well. I have the original LP (cost 130 euros) and sonically its not the best... A lot of music squeezed onto 1LP, but its an excellent album. I had hoped it would sound better over 2LPs.

Also have the remastered CD from 2007 which has the bonus tracks and the zoomed in cover. I’d imagine the album was sourced from this release. If anyone can confirm from the label?

One day I will own that Drug Dealer 12” !
    Last edited by SLCOOLJ; 22-10-19 at 11:00 AM.

DWG Warrior

When you pay homage to one of the greatest rappers ever, and can't rap.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    sounds like a horrible reissue by all accounts!
    there is no excuse for blurry covers in the year 2019 & why crop it?

It's such a random picture to begin with. Blatantly not his car.
    Where is he driving to? why did he park next all those tree's? He's from the streets and they are like a jungle?
    Standard rental car plus a free background - classic lp sleeve!