Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 401 of 403 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403 LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4029
    DWG Warrior
    if you buy all the Griselda and Crimeapple bollocks you deserve everything you get imo. I'm pretty sure they're pissing themselves laughing at how easy it is convince European record buyers to part with their cash each and every time. Imagine they can't believe their luck that their pale imitation of something that would've ended up tacked on at the end of a Kay Slay tape in 2003 can now command silly money on Discogs and all they have to do is tweet NEW FYAH AT 3AM I GOT THE CLASSIC RAP GOD SHIT CLASSIC DONT @ ME

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    if you buy all the Griselda and Crimeapple bollocks you deserve everything you get imo. I'm pretty sure they're pissing themselves laughing at how easy it is convince European record buyers to part with their cash each and every time. Imagine they can't believe their luck that their pale imitation of something that would've ended up tacked on at the end of a Kay Slay tape in 2003 can now command silly money on Discogs and all they have to do is tweet NEW FYAH AT 3AM I GOT THE CLASSIC RAP GOD SHIT CLASSIC DONT @ ME
    I agree that they are massively overhyped, unfortunately it seems most boutique labels are trying to copy their steez as it’s obviously very effective and making some of them a lot of money, especially as Daupe are sometimes pressing the same numbers as a standard release and charging the earth for it. This is being compounded by the grip and flip Hypebeasts who buy multiple copies of every variation.

Also I agree the quality of some releases particularly on Daupe has fallen right off, although I’m a fan of WSG & Conway and YOD most of the other acts they’ve released have been weak in my view.

However as I said my problem isn’t with labels but with the artist who will have agreed to the licensing.

I've stopped buying from Daupe (never bought from Griselda) since they have a really shitty customer service and the music is meh. They also charge for tax within EU and when i asked them about it i got a lame answer and no explenation. I think that people who buys multiple copies will find themself that it's hard to resell most of them since they've flooded the market with all different variations...

DWG Warrior
    when I see some of the Benny Big Drugs and Mach Hummus stuff going for £50+ I just think why wouldn't you buy an old EPMD album for a tenner instead.

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ Agree about Daupe.. I’ve been quite vocal about ‘tax’ and not being in the overall price (£5 tax and £5 shipping for a single record in the UK is a fucking piss take)

I have bought a fair few of their releases since the beginning and hands up, I got swept up in the hype and should know better at my age!

Totally agree with Mao the quality has dropped (can’t fault Mr Krum’s designs though). Loved the early WSG, Conway and Daringer’s production. I think it might be time to flip my Daupe collection especially looking at the prices of FLYGOD & Reject 2! I must of played each record once at most and they have just been sat in the racks gathering dust..I still think Supreme Blientele is dope though.

Looks like de Rap Winkel Records have taken their crown! Anyone copped any of their releases? I need the J Rock - ‘Streetwize’ double vinyl reissue but haven’t pulled the trigger until the quality has been confirmed.

DWG Warrior
    I copped the j rock. Haven't listen to it yet.
    But de rap winkel as daupe press their records at gz media so you can expect scratched records straight out of the factory 50% of the time.

DWG Warrior
    ^^ Thanks.. I also wanted Kev Brown & J Scienide - ‘Drum Machine Tape Cassette’ so I think I’ll save my money!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr NO View Post
    ^^^ I think it might be time to flip my Daupe collection especially looking at the prices of FLYGOD & Reject 2! .
    I knew they were pricey but have just looked on Discogs after reading your post and am genuinely shocked at the prices people are charging for these records !!! Funny as I had a spare of HWH2 with a small skip for a couple of seconds but when I informed Daupe of the issue back in the day they sent me another copy FOC. The one with the small skip I gave away to my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Mao View Post
    I agree, however I imagine itís unlikely that they both failed to ask for some sort of exclusivity especially as they are both deep in the game, Daupe in particular as they push their product on that basis.

Actually you will I imagine be qualified to answer this next question RD as someone involved in the label game, would a label have much hope or wish to stop a rerelease if an exclusivity deal was brokered or would they be more likely to blackball the artist and avoid working with them in future ?
    Ö they may have had agreements, but I doubt lawyers are going to get involved as there is no financial loss to the original label - just some egg on face as they said it was a limited release (or maybe they didn't)...

anyways, make up with Bob, you are both good dudes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr NO View Post
    Anyone copped any of their releases? I need the J Rock - ‘Streetwize’ double vinyl reissue but haven’t pulled the trigger until the quality has been confirmed.
    Mine arrived today.
    First thing I noticed was the blurry cover, in all fairness I guess the original artwork wasn't available and this I guess is a scan of the original vinyl artwork but I personally hate it when the artwork looks blurry.
    As for the sound, I don't have an OG (or have ever heard one) to compare it to but it doesn't sound great to me, hard to explain what I don't like about it, just sounds a bit rough / grainy (but not in a good way), perhaps that's how the original sounds? In all fairness on my system its playing loud and the bass booms (with a bit of distortion like when bass booms on a single vinyl pressing). Also Ive just noticed this doesn't say anything like remastered from the original tapes or anything like that so I wonder if its just a rip from the CD or Vinyl?

But as I say I wish I had an OG to compare it to as I feel kind of bad commenting on the sounds without knowing how the original sounds.
    Any feedback from anyone else who's bought this might be helpful.