Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 400 of 406 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4052
    DWG Warrior
    people who run limited labels that put out aprox 15 different super limited variants of a record and keep 1 of each to sell 200€ on discogs when the supporters of the label haven't even got the copy they pre ordered 3 months ago

DWG Warrior
    Artists who put out limited vinyl releases on boutique labels only to later on rerelease said project on another label, Iím looking at you Your Old Droog...

*Shadey cunt has done it twice now !

DWG Warrior
    So you are angry at an artist getting paid for his music?
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    So you are angry at an artist getting paid for his music?
    I’m angry at his lack of concern about his supporters.
    If he wants to repress records again and again that’s cool, just don’t first sell the release as a “limited edition one time only on vinyl” deal via a boutique label at an inflated price. I don’t like having the piss taken oit of me by someone whose art I’ve in a small way supported.

DWG Warrior
    Are you going to cry because your comic book style collectible can’t be resold for an even more inflated price.

He licensed it to Chopped Herring and would have no input to how it’s presented.

Your beef is with the label who misrepresented it not the artist.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Are you going to cry because your comic book style collectible can’t be resold for an even more inflated price.

He licensed it to Chopped Herring and would have no input to how it’s presented.

Your beef is with the label who misrepresented it not the artist.
    You obviously didn’t read or understand my reply little Robert, so here it is in simple terms :-

1 : I don’t buy records to sell on.

2 : If you don’t think the terms of how the record was to be sold were negotiated with the artist you’re dafter than your reply.

3 : Once could be an oversight/mistake but he’s now done this twice with two different labels, one of whom make a big deal about their exclusivity. (Chopped Herring & Daupe)

4 : Your point about it being with the label is wrong. For a start which label ? Both Daupe and Chopped Herring will have advertised and sold their releases based on the contract made with the artist and have nothing to do with the following two rereleases on different labels.
    The reissue labels are not to blame as its YOD or his management who are responsible for licensing the recordings and it’s they who have broken their word.

5 : Oh and fuck you and your condescending tone, I try to play nice round here but you’re being a dick.
    Last edited by Imperial_Mao; 19-10-19 at 10:00 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Well that escalated quickly.

come on dudes... you've both been around these parts long enough.

Daupe and Herring should have negotiated exclusivity, even just for a few years, if they didn't then the artist can do as they please...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post

Daupe and Herring should have negotiated exclusivity, even just for a few years, if they didn't then the artist can do as they please...

I agree, however I imagine it’s unlikely that they both failed to ask for some sort of exclusivity especially as they are both deep in the game, Daupe in particular as they push their product on that basis.

Actually you will I imagine be qualified to answer this next question RD as someone involved in the label game, would a label have much hope or wish to stop a rerelease if an exclusivity deal was brokered or would they be more likely to blackball the artist and avoid working with them in future ?

Sorry if you feel I overstepped the line with my reply to Bob but I put up in my view, a fair comment in a thread about gripes and his response was snarky to say the least so I felt justified in my response.
    Last edited by Imperial_Mao; 19-10-19 at 12:13 PM.

DWG Warrior
    I am not so sure about Daupe. They released westsidegunn's album with 3 different titles one month after each other. And they also have the crimmeapple & dj skizz lp that was released unlimited afterwards as well, so...