Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 440 of 441 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441 LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 4408
    DWG Warrior
    De La Soul Is Dead. Too many skits.

I'll get my coat.

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ Officially THE worst album to listen to on cassette back in't day. Fast-fowarding through the skits on my walkman drained so much battery juice.

3 killer interludes tho in Talkin' Bout Hey Love, Rap De Rap Show, and Not Over Until The Fat Lady Plays The Demo.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    ^^^ Officially THE worst album to listen to on cassette back in't day. Fast-fowarding through the skits on my walkman drained so much battery juice.

3 killer interludes tho in Talkin' Bout Hey Love, Rap De Rap Show, and Not Over Until The Fat Lady Plays The Demo.
    I dubbed my mate's copy when it dropped and think it ended up with a big ass gap at the end of each side. Possibly why I never really got into it and for me it's always been about the 12"s off that album.

Had it on in the car this morning, which is where I do most of my music listening, so resent having to fuck about with the skits taking up valuable time that could be spent listening to actual music. Need to sort out a skitless version and see if that improves things.

Aside from the skits (I find them annoying as hell) Ive always loved De La Soul Is Dead, I played the album recently whilst on an over crowded late running train that was broken down in the middle of nowhere (it was so bad it made the papers, and yes I work the train company) and I found it to still be jaw droppingly good.
    The journey took so long that I also played Buhloone Mind State and decided that if its not the greatest rap album ever than it at least contains the best rap song ever I Am I Be.

DWG Warrior
    Add 3 Feet High and Rising. Would be a so much better album without these annoying skits

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Gold View Post
    Add 3 Feet High and Rising. Would be a so much better album without these annoying skits
    see I have no problem with those really, apart from De La Orgee which is horrible . The quiz show skits are fairly brief and still quite funny (and these were the first skits ever so that does give 'em some weight) and Cool Breeze on The Rocks is the dopeness. As a general rule, skits with "acting" and any kind of sex act get the right click/delete treatment.

DWG Warrior
    An important distinction to make is the one between interludes and skits.

Cool Breeze On The Rocks functions as a piece of music so it's an interlude, De La Orgee doesn't and, thus, it's a skit (and a terrible one like Paul says.)

The G.O.A.T skit is obviously Ice Cube's JD's Gafflin'. I'm incapable of walking/driving past a Mickey Deez without thinking "MCDONALD'S WAS MAH SPOT!"

DWG Warrior
    Youtube recommending me Jordan Peterson videos.

When you go to pull a single wet wipe out and 6 come out at once.

Ezale not dropping that Hotel Motel song he was teasing a month ago.

Man Utd coming back last night.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Youtube recommending me Jordan Peterson videos.

When you go to pull a single wet wipe out and 6 come out at once.

Ezale not dropping that Hotel Motel song he was teasing a month ago.

Man Utd coming back last night.

All co-signed, although I don't think I am alpha enough for the Jordan Peterson videos rec's. Bet there are a few fans on here tbh.

When my revolution comes him and his fellow fash grifters are getting the chop quick fast.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

Getting a text from my doctors telling me "that their is nothing to worry about" but could I call the surgury please. I have now been trying to phone them for 2 day and get the engaged tone every time I try, in fact, I'll try again whilst Im typing this...mental...Ive actully got through! Well Im now in some kind of endless loop telling me the surgury is very busy but they will speak to me as soon as possible..now been in this automated loop for 30 mins and counting.