Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 419 of 422 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 4217
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    OMG this.

I have to keep calling out these morons on Facebook. The absolute stupidest cunts in the world.

DJ Format is one (hai m8) and there are others that lurk on this site as well (hai m9s).

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Venn Diagram of Hip Hop Music > Stupid Conspiracy Theory > Too much skunk smoking > Poor Mental Health.

(Awaits angry PM's in non tin foil hat covered helmet)
    I don't deny the existence of COVID-19 like some, but I can't get my head around the sudden 'you must wear a mask' rule introduced in July, when a few months previous, Patrick Vallance (& others) said the evidence for their effectiveness was 'very weak'. Like there'd been irrefutable conclusive research done in the intervening few months.

24th most common cause of death in the UK, according to a recent report.

DWG Warrior
    Here we go.....
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Here we go.....
    I'm just saying some of the data / rules don't add up to me. I can't be arsed to get embroiled in a debate here though - there's enough of that on social media, haha.

DWG Warrior
    It goes without saying that my covidiot mate is an ex-weed smoker, but he's never been into conspiracy theory bollox before. Now he won't shut up about how Bill Gates is pullin' strings like Freddy in the 3rd Elm Street movie.

On the Covid tip, masks.
    People wearing them but pulling them down below their nose. If you dont want to wear one take the fucking thing off, these half on/half off fuckers make me mad, and im trying not to let the behaviour of other people on Covid related matters bother me (just trying to keep my own house in order).

DWG Warrior
    Completely with you Bob, and it's really weird to have that kind of conversation with people I thought I knew well. Overall distrust of the government and cynicism about the way they're dealing with things? Right there with you. Making the leap to that meaning it's all a hoax and then heading for all the other conspiracy shit? Nah, you're on your own...

Hoodratz.

Over the years my taste in rap music has expanded massively, i dont know whether ive lowered my standards or ive become more openminded but one thing that hasnt changed is the Hoodratz album Sneeke Muthafuckerz, just tired playing it again and it still sounds rubbish.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    On the Covid tip, masks.
    People wearing them but pulling them down below their nose.
    Can't front, I've done this a couple of times. In my defense hayfever had caused me to sneeze in my mask and it was covered in snot

An album I bought the other day had too much in the way of surface noise going on (pops,crackles) and as its a quite pressing the surface noise overpowered the tracks and it was no fun to listen to.
    I tried cleaning with it in my usual way a couple of time and it didnt get better so I went the PVA route for the first time.
    Id heard this method can work wondered but never tried it.
    I covered the record in PVA and let it dry for 24 hours, problem is it was as wet 24 hours latter as when I first put it on.
    It became apparent id put it on way to thick and if it didn't get some direct heat it would never dry, so I went at it with a hairdryer.
    This was working well, until I took my eye off the ball, and decided to give the part of the PVA that was really think a real close long hot blast with the hair dryer. I wasn't concentrating as I was looking at Insta and listening to a record whilst doing this final blast, all of the sudden the record wasnt flat anymore, it was floppy and kinda stretched. I'd cooked it. Now got a nastily warped records thats stretched outta shape Id seen worse the time I tried fixing a warp with an iron, that was real bad, but this record was still well and truly buggered.

Anyways, so now I had a badly warped record, but at least the PVA was dry and it peeled off lovely.
    The middle of the record unaffected by the warp so I gave it a spin to see if the PVA clean had mad a difference and Id say from the little I listened to it had, it was probably 50% better! So if I hadnt gone rambo with the hairdrier in the last couple of minutes Id have had a a half decent copy of the LP to play, instead I have a fucked one in the bin
    I have a nice NM jacket for the day I find another copy though.
    Last edited by francois parker; 30-10-20 at 01:21 AM.

DWG Warrior
    hahahaha sorry but that's funny.

PVA works very well but NEVER put a heat source anywhere near your records. If you had just waited a couple of days it would have been dry.

Doh!
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.