Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 385 of 388 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 3876
    DWG Warrior

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ Brilliant

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    THIS!!! I would estimate that at least 80% of the new vinyl I receive is dished to an unacceptable standard... it's the norm nowadays, people don't play their records, so they don't complain to labels and so labels don't push back to pressing plants... so nobody gives a fuck apart from the few of us who play their records... I have had to send the last 6 DWG pressings I've received back for a repress, two of them I sent back twice... I have spent the last 2 months in a dispute with a pressing plant about dished records that they said were 'within tolerances' when they were the most dished vinyl I have ever been sent by a plant in over 10 years of doing this... this is a subject that REALLY fucks me off (so probably doesn't belong in this thread!)... on the plus side lots of new DWG releases (7 and counting) on their way just as soon as I get flat vinyl!!!
    Shaker, you're the man! I appreciate this so much.

DWG Warrior
    Also, to add..

Records that are pressed way too quiet to fit more music on them. I purchased Vulfpeck's 4 EPs on white vinyl, and they did two discs with an EP on each side, problem is I gotta gain them up way too much for them to be usable. How that happened, I don't know, someone was sleeping...

DWG Warrior
    Even though he hadn't dropped any songs I'd liked in the past year, I'm still really sad about Jimmy Wopo dying

Jimmy Wopo - Elm Street (2016)

Jimmy Wopo - Walkin' Bomb 2 (2016)

Jimmy Wopo - Elm Street 2 (2017)

DWG Warrior
    Finding out that a 7'' I sold couple of years ago for 5 quid now has apparently broken the 100 mark. What the shit? Whatever, at least mine went to a good, DWGer's, home.

Quote Originally Posted by speck View Post
    Finding out that a 7'' I sold couple of years ago for 5 quid now has apparently broken the 100 mark. What the shit? Whatever, at least mine went to a good, DWGer's, home.
    what was it??

DWG Warrior
    Kista - Talk With God

DWG Warrior
    Similar thing, i bought the contents of a jukebox 2 copies of each 2pac west side something and dj Kool let me clear my throat, 50p eac and sold for 30-40 each. Wtf.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    Kista - Talk With God
    Don't sweat it, and no disrespect to the artist at all (it is a dope tune) but….

According to Discogs’ sales history, 8 out of the 10 sales of that record sold there went for circa 5, yet someone “apparently” bought one for 100, which has totally skewed the figures.

Reminds me of the time someone offered me a copy of “Chart Moves” for 80, based on one even higher “sale price” on Discogs, which has now mysteriously disappeared from Discogs sales history (perhaps it only shows sales from the last X number of years?)….
    Last edited by Tha_Disc_Eater; 12-07-18 at 08:53 PM.