Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 437 of 437 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 4370
    DWG Warrior
    (possibly mentioned in this thread before but) Hip Hop Twitter accounts. They all have names like @HipHopHistorian @HipHopDebates @HipHopTop5 or @HipHopGoldenera90 and to a man, all post the most shitty ill informed opinions ever.

Yesterday I saw "no one listened to Big L outside of NYC" followed by "Common is the rapper Big L would've become if he hadn't died" (lol)
    and endless debates about the latest shitty Nas album, anything about 2Pac or Eminem etc

They're all pricks. Fuck your Top 5. Burn it all down.

DWG Warrior
    Nas

Buying records online, I know it's been said a million times before but the last week for me takes the piss...

1) 100 LP from ebay in VG+ condition, arrives with a massive scratch across side A that causes a skip on every rotation, how can you miss that when grading and how can you not take the time to play grade a 100 LP? Seller also owns a bricks and mortar record store...

2) 20 12" from discogs to pair up with one of Krum's stickers, seller sends the UK pressing not the US which is totally useless to me as it doesn't pair up with the sticker... seller also owns a store.

These first two I could understand those types of mistakes from amateurs but these guys run record stores for fucks sake, they should know how important this stuff is...

3) Order from HHV arrives, 4 out of 6 new LPs are damaged and need to be returned

4) Order from Juno arrives, 4 out of 10 new records are damaged and need to be returned

With the second hand market being a complete grading lottery nowadays and there being zero quality control on new product it's getting to the point where it's literally too much hassle to bother buying records... I have a daughter to raise, I can't be spending all my spare time checking the records I've bought for the inevitable faults they're going to have...

Rant over!

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ Ahd that is precisely why you should buy albums on CD rather than LP.

DWG Warrior
    Cats! Evil creatures.

(Inspired by chasing a cat in the garden who'd caught a bird.)

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Cats! Evil creatures.

(Inspired by chasing a cat in the garden who'd caught a bird.)
    Saw a cat stalking a bird the otherday at Famouth train station. The cat was walking along the railtrack, actully walking on the rail itself, creeping up on a bird (that was to the side of the track) whist a train a aproaching! The cat had nerves of steel! As the train got close the cat jumped of the rail to get the bird, the bird managed to fly away.

DWG Warrior
    Good bird; bad cat.

Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    Buying records online, I know it's been said a million times before but the last week for me takes the piss...

2) 20 12" from discogs to pair up with one of Krum's stickers, seller sends the UK pressing not the US which is totally useless to me as it doesn't pair up with the sticker... seller also owns a store.
    this is a common problem... I remember once (years ago) ordering a copy of BDK Set It Off 12"... the fuckers sent me a UK copy of Long Live The Kane LP and then tried to quible about a refund, the store was B.R.A. (Birmingham Record Agency) which was appropriate as it was run by a couple of tits.

DWG Warrior
    B.R.A …. Tits … Funnies .. tickled me.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    The features on the new AZ album. Conway, Lil Wayne, Dave East and T-Pain are not really what I was hoping for, especially when its Doe Or Die 2.