Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 427 of 439 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 4390
    DWG Warrior
    Clubhouse looks like the worst shit ever.

Yeah, we're living through the first enforced lockdown of our lifetime, but there's still 101 better ways to spend your time than sitting in a glorified chatroom all night watching rappers talking to self-styled #influencer cunts.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    As annoying as this is it looks like being the new normal as the pressing plants just don't give a fuck anymore about QC... I bought an Orb and spent a year flattening one of the Baritone releases, two records a day... clearly though that's not possible for most labels and really shouldn't have been something I did either! If you try to send them back to the plant you can spend 3 months arguing with them and another 3 months waiting for a repress only to find out they're dished too... in one instance our broker (middle man) actually paid for a repress of one of our releases out of their own pocket as the plant (GZ) were refusing to do it... I guess unless you actually DJ with the records the dishing isn't seen as a problem so plants don't get the pushback from their big, influential, customers that they would have got back in the day and therefore get away with it... definitely sucks though...
    Wow! Massive props for the continued quality control with all DWG releases. Thatís some serious lengths you are going to ensure the wax is flat, but like you say it definitely sucks that you have to do this in the first place.. Iíve heard from a number of sources now that Ďdishedí records arenít seen to be a problem (depends on how bad IMO) as they are passable by general industry standards?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr NO View Post
    Wow! Massive props for the continued quality control with all DWG releases. That’s some serious lengths you are going to ensure the wax is flat, but like you say it definitely sucks that you have to do this in the first place.. I’ve heard from a number of sources now that ‘dished’ records aren’t seen to be a problem (depends on how bad IMO) as they are passable by general industry standards?!?
    I believe the industry tolerance is 3mm, so if the lip of the record is more than 3mm raised from the platter then it's outside of tolerance, otherwise it's fair game... that might be passable for your average Joe consumer but it doesn't work for DJs unfortunately... but I guess DJs who play new vinyl are a very small minority nowadays

DWG Warrior
    Warped & terrible sound quality seem to be the norm nowadays. Sucks.

DWG Warrior
    2 minor bothers for the day:

The ill Thai takeout spot in town being closed mondays.

My dumb arse thinking it was warm enough to wear shorts out today.

DWG Warrior
    Lol not Jort season yet m9
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Yeah, definitely not quite the season for my beloved Sergio Tacchini Time shorts yet

sergio-tacchini-time-shorts-navy-p42111-384332_medium.jpg

DWG Warrior
    You have to be careful of brain exposure in them joints.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior