Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I never thought this would happen....
    I bought this Remix 12" when it came out in 1990 and instantly regretted it thinking it was shit.
    Im bunging a load of record on Discogs today and went to list this one, gave it a spin and had two surprises. Firstly that there are people in the world who actually have this in their Discogs Wants and secondly I actully quite like it!

DWG Warrior
    ^^ was a bit of a crossover with the early house stuff and London pirates back in the day. A lot of that uptempo rap from the late 80s/1990 is like that.

DWG Warrior
    i know it's not a patch on the OG mix, but i honestly don't mind this one for a bit of a change

Gang Starr - Take A Rest (Work, Rest & Play mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Werner von Wallenrod View Post
    Aww, c'mon. How about his "Brooklyn, Queens" (3rd Bass) remix? I liked that one.
    Played it 3 times in a row yesterday, incredible remix, better than the OG in my opinion.
    Think I remember this getting played at local House Nights/Raves a little bit back in 90 when the would at times have a n excursion into non-House sounds.

DWG Warrior
    This is the only Mackintosh remix I've ever liked. Obviously not a patch on the original but it's dope within the context of the EP:

Digital Underground - Packet Man (Worth A Packet remix)

In fact, I like this beat so much I wish Digital Underground had recorded an original song with it. Vibe is kinda like Khayree doing a New Jack Swing beat or summat.

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    This is the only Mackintosh remix I've ever liked. Obviously not a patch on the original but it's dope within the context of the EP:

Digital Underground - Packet Man (Worth A Packet remix)

In fact, I like this beat so much I wish Digital Underground had recorded an original song with it. Vibe is kinda like Khayree doing a New Jack Swing beat or summat.
    That is a great remix and I heard it a lot before I heard the original mix so I did favour it over the OG for many years, now I like the OG best but both are great.

DWG Warrior
    The remix is a peak Air-Saxophone jam.