Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Jesper:>
    AROE:>didn't cj macintosh do a fairly decent remix of cool c for that horrible uk citybeat 3d/cool c e.p.
    i can't remember which track and i can't even be bothered to have a look to see if i've still got it..
    I think DJ Streetsahead - whoever that was - did a OK remix for Juice Crew dis on that EP.
    you know your probably right, it just goes to show i really couldn't be bothered to look through my tunes to see if i was right or not.. thanks for straightening that out..

streetsahead is a brighton hero..

DWG Warrior
    Campag Record:>I loved those Ultimate Trax (Champion) late 80's comps for the Battle Of The DJ's mix medley's.
    Jazzy Jeff's was bananas!

DWG Warrior
    Didn't CJ Mackintosh do a wicked edit of De La's Ring Ring Ring? It was better than the OG one, if memory serves correctly.

And the Ultimate Trax were wicked... I've got three of em, can't remember if it's 1,2 and 3 or 2,3 and 4.

Norman Cook's 90s remixes were good, for what they were.... Renegade Master and Brinful Of Asha and that....

DWG Warrior
    i see norman cook about twice a week at the gym while he works out i continuously pester him to sell me his hip hop wax. i try to remind him that as he no longer reps the hip hop in his sets, he no longer needs all those rare imports he acquired while working at rounder records..
    if this fails i'll need to get zoe on side for a different approach.

DWG Warrior
    You be Ballin'

DWG Warrior
    don't pretend you ain't been pestering me for that gym membership son..

AROE:>i see norman cook about twice a week at the gym while he works out i continuously pester him to sell me his hip hop wax. i try to remind him that as he no longer reps the hip hop in his sets, he no longer needs all those rare imports he acquired while working at rounder records..
    if this fails i'll need to get zoe on side for a different approach.

try some Jedi mind tricks... Norm doesn't need any rap records.... infact, also tell him that Lord Finesse is still waiting for his cheque!

DWG Warrior
    Tell him you'll take his Housemartins discography if he parts with his hiphop.

DWG Warrior
    Lord Finesse seems pretty bitter about the whole thing, I wonder if he listened to it before he said yeah it's cool. Bet he feels abit like Jason Nevins after that Run DMC remix of "It's like that", I think he took an all in fee for the remix of 2 packs of cheese and onion crisps, a daysaver and a pint of Mild :bigsmile:

DWG Warrior
    He should really let it go. OK, he should have made some more money out of it, but he didn't, and bitching about it for the rest of his life isn't gonna change it.