Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Westwood Tapes - Mid 90's - Track ID Def Squad

Hey all!

Looking for a copy of a Westwood tape, mentioned in a thread a few years back, it's the only bit of info about the track I am searching for I can find anywhere on the internet.

Information from the forum was that the show was from - 21/7/95

There was a Def Squad showcase featured and a track featuring Jamal & Passion, the chorus -
    'rollin thru the hood it's all good in the ghetto, we lay back sippin milk and amaretto'

I am wondering if anyone has this tape as an mp3, or can rip and upload it if they have it on tape.

I have contacted Passion directly herself, she says the track was from an unreleased Def Squad project, she doesn't have a copy and was surprised when I asked her about it.

If anyone can help with this i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

F-Burns

DWG Warrior
    Got it. Need some time to rip the tape tho.

DWG Warrior
    I've got this track on tape...it would take me forever to up a whole show, but I can rip the track if that's all you need?
    -- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    Thanks for both the replies, just the track on its own would be amazing. I'd love it.

If you can do that it'd be really appreciated, i'm dying! to hearing it again.

Thanks!
    F-Burns

DWG Warrior
    As you've helpfully posted the date of the show I should be able to find this and do it today...i'll go have a look...
    -- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    That would be great! Looking back at the thread, you were involved in the conversation.
    http://forum.diggerswithgratitude.co...Deep-Track-id&

I'm sure it was from around that time so the date of the tape should hopefully be correct

DWG Warrior
    Found it!

One of the best EVER Westwood shows...It doesn't get any better than the second and third tracks.

Give me a little while and I'll up the Passion track for you.

Peas

P
    -- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    Thanks for your help, I can't wait!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by fburns View Post
    That would be great! Looking back at the thread, you were involved in the conversation.
    http://forum.diggerswithgratitude.co...Deep-Track-id&

I'm sure it was from around that time so the date of the tape should hopefully be correct
    Wow, that thread is a bit of a throwback...the good news for me is that I managed to get that Mobb Deep joint, the good news for you is that i've ripped the Passion track almost 17 years on from the date it was played. However, Divshare is being crap and wont let me upload it (it gets stuck at 20%) so i'll have to email it to you instead.
    -- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    f-burns are you the old falconburns from the sure shots/more shots forums?

if so, hello

if not, hello still
    Last edited by manphat; 30-07-12 at 11:22 AM. Reason: didn't want to appear rude