Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Canns View Post
    I'll see what i can do Craig.

Haha, yeh please bear in mind when i was writing the track lists the internet and google did not exist (or at least in my house) - was just relying on exisiting knowledge, info in The Source, record shop mailing lists, etc...but it was much more fun back then.
    I really enjoy uncovering cassette insert cards from old blank tapes, especially the radio ones; the minimised hand-styles, the ambiguity of the track-listing, the uncertain artist names [It's madness to think we had all that knowledge with no assistance apart from the odd mags and the actual music - We were all BG, before Google]. We'd suss out whilst istening to a song, who it was by, via the lyrical content

I found one the other day which had the Michael Prophet & Ricky Tuffy - Your Love reggae song at the end of a Westwood show too. I'd simply written in big capital letters POM-POM, as that was the sound-bite Timmy used from that tune.

Like your tape, its great findin random rarities thatd been forgotten about, only to dust em off and rock em again with a Dolby setting

What's up. I got some of this tape up here now:

http://www.rapradiotapes.com/westwood-on-1fm-1995-1/

DWG Warrior
    Thought id come up trumps on getting this Passion track, but no dice. However, Turns out she released an album called "Baller's Lady" ...will be shit though, if this is anything to go by:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GnrkjxC...%3DGnrkjxCHJIc
    -- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Canns View Post
    Thought id come up trumps on getting this Passion track, but no dice. However, Turns out she released an album called "Baller's Lady" ...will be shit though, if this is anything to go by:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GnrkjxC...%3DGnrkjxCHJIc
    I always wondered about this. The Passion who's on several Def Squad-related songs ('As the World...' on Erick Sermon's Insomnia compilation, Keith Murray's 'Pay Per View' and Erick Sermon's 'Move On') sounds totally different from the Passion who put out Baller's Lady, both voice and flow.

Possible that it's the same person but I think it's 2 different people with the same name... I'd be interested to hear this Amaretto song if anyone can upload it on its own.

EDIT: After some further research I'm 99% sure they are different people. Def Squad Passion's writer credits are listed as P. Johnson whereas the other Passion's writer credits are listed as P. Broussard. The Discogs entry for Passion also includes some heavy metal releases by another unrelated artist with the same name...
    Last edited by debonair_p; 25-08-13 at 04:59 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Deb, you may be right. Truthfully, i dont know if its the same artist or not? A few websites (inc Wiki) suggest it is, but that doesnt mean its accurate.

I'm still having problems uploading stuff to Dropbox etc, so sent you an email.
    -- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    You're the man, many thanks!

DWG Warrior
    just ripping this thread after I heard the track on a tape I was ripping and was trying to find some info on it. Assume this could be the same show?

http://djstepone.blogspot.co.uk/2018...mmer-1995.html

Intro
    Raekwon - Ice Cream
    Rakim - I Get Visual
    Mobb Deep - We About To Get Hectic
    'Is New York In The House' party break
    A Tribe Called Quest - Glamour & Glitz
    Kool G Rap - Check Da Bitch
    LL Cool J - Papa Luv It
    Rap Sheet Report with Daryl James
    Chill Rob G, Queen Latifah & Jungle Brothers freestyle (Capital Rap Show)
    Raekwon - Striving For Perfection
    Raekwon - Knuckleheadz
    Redman & Method Man - How High
    Doug E Fresh - Where's The Party At
    Hodge - Head Nod
    Luniz - I Got 5 On It
    South Central Cartel ft Jayo Felony, MC Eiht, Spice 1 & Treach - So What Cha Sayin
    Passion ft Jamal - Rollin Through The Hood (?)
    Jamal - Fades Em All
    Cash Money & Marvellous in session (Capital Rap Show)
    >>Battle Of The Beats:
    Nightbreed - For Real
    Poets Corner - Hang Em High

DWG Warrior
    Damn, how good is that Rakim track? Also the Nightbreed - For Real mc sounds mad familiar, seems to call himself Shadow. Did he go on to do suttin else & call himself suttin else?

DWG Warrior
    Yeah, that Rakim track is a classic.