Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Daddy O / Melle Mel beef.

I see via an Insagram post that the beef is over between Mel, Scorpio and Daddy O!
    Anyone know what the beef was about ?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    I see via an Insagram post that the beef is over between Mel, Scorpio and Daddy O!
    Anyone know what the beef was about ?
    i heard they were beefing over who carries off a 'no show' better

DWG Warrior
    It goes back to a show at Latin Quarter in '86. Stet and the Furious 5 were chilling back stage. Daddy O went out get McDonalds and forgot Melle Mell's Big Mac and didn't get Scorpio anything because he was in the toilets when they were writing down the orders. He offered to go back as it was only over the road but Fruitkwan stepped in and told him not to bother as the lazy fucker could go and get his own food and he still owed them $10 for last week's petrol money.

Beef ensued and apparently Scorpio recorded a dis over the instrumental of Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood but only one acetate exists which is owned by Biz Markie

^^^^

^^^^^^thanks thats it I bet^^^^^^

The flash thing is odd, he did fuck all on White Lines and The Message and I think that those two tracks are what most associate him with (hip hop nerds aside) and I have a strong hunch he got in the Rock n Roll Hall OF Fame because of those two tracks.
    The message is a real odd one as its just Mel and Duke Bootee.

I completely understand that how Mel and the other rappers are jaded by how things have turned out for them, that said they should be able to make a killing on the retro circuit, if they are only getting 9 shows a year (i bet its more than that) then they are not handling their business properly.

As for the beef Im glad they sorted it out, Mel and Scorpio might be OAPs not but have you seen the size of them!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Scorpio recorded a dis over the instrumental of Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood but only one acetate exists which is owned by Biz Markie
    LMAOOOOO !

Real chat ? These grown men should be ashamed of themselves for this schoolboy shite. This element of Hip-Hop fills me with dread sometimes.

DWG Warrior
    Daddy O will speak about anyone to try and get some kind of attention.
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"