Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot La Rock View Post
    Mods, can we get a sticky?
    Done

DWG Founding Member
    Thank you, sir. It's on now!

Never seen that kool herc flyer before, dope! Is there a live set to go with it?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stickeredsteve View Post
    Never seen that kool herc flyer before, dope! Is there a live set to go with it?
    highly unlikely......would be akin to having a video tape of the big bang if it did exist

in fact, just thinking, I'm not sure I've seen an old school tape/recording from before 1977. Anyone know what the first recorded live jam was? Sureshot?
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Founding Member
    Yeah - can't imagine there's a live set to go with it. If I were to hazard a guess, we might probably be able to marry a couple shows with flyers from 78, a few more from 79, and handful from 80, and a dozen or two from 81 and 82. Most shows prior to 77 would have been focused more on the DJ/set as MCs hadn't really risen to prominence yet. That's not to say MCs weren't rhyming back then -- just that they hadn't ascended to feature status. Tapes would probably sound more like mixes with the DJ or MC throwing shout-outs and couplets here and there.

I'd love to be proven otherwise!

DWG Warrior
    I don't deserve to post in this thread, so please feel free to delete if appropriate. Just thought I'd post these, in case they were of any interest. Perhaps someone can shed some light as to what might be on them, past the obvious written description of course!

-- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    Excuse my ignorance Canns but what are those? Hard to see inside the boxes. I see a label on the top one but can't make out much else. Look interesting though
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Founding Member
    Check your pm.
    Last edited by Sureshot La Rock; 10-09-12 at 11:52 PM.

DWG Warrior
    @ Kase, they're 8 track tapes - sorry about the bad picture!

@ Jeff, done!
    -- The Iller Regime --

They're 8 track radio jingles from Islams WHBI radio show?