Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stickeredsteve View Post
    They're 8 track radio jingles from Islams WHBI radio show?
    Holy shit [jaw on floor at these cartridges]

DWG Founding Member
    We can only hope so... I have a feeling they're PSAs or little radio ID tags/drops (e.g. "WHBI" or "You're listening to Zulu Beats on WHBI" which could be dope). At least that's what we used to use the 8-tracks for at our radio station. They might even be erased.

If they're actual jingles or promo songs, it'd be amazing! Hell, just knowing they were used on the show is incredible enough. Either way, fingers are crossed that something special is recorded on them.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Canns View Post
    I don't deserve to post in this thread, so please feel free to delete if appropriate. Just thought I'd post these, in case they were of any interest. Perhaps someone can shed some light as to what might be on them, past the obvious written description of course!

@Canns - Are these in your possession, you had a chance to listen? Any clues on the material?

As Sureshot said, just knowing they were used on the show is incredible enough

I remember a time when Tim Westwood was dropping WHBI stings and radio spots; 'This one goes out to all the homeboys in Brooklyn' [by a velvety smooth voice-over lady], werent they WHBI bits that he reused on Capital? Didnt Westwood have the same woman saying 'Remember Ladbroke Grove rocks the best' ?

DWG Warrior
    I noticed that Dutch has started re-upping some of his archives

He's dropped over 80s tapes recently, everything from Red & Marley to Whiz Kid house tapes

http://goo.gl/Tn8El

nice one Craig! that looks like a pretty essential link

DWG Founding Member
    Definitely thanks for the list!

Oh, and those radio carts were for a college radio show from the mid-90s in NJ.

DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot La Rock View Post
    We can only hope so... I have a feeling they're PSAs or little radio ID tags/drops (e.g. "WHBI" or "You're listening to Zulu Beats on WHBI" which could be dope). At least that's what we used to use the 8-tracks for at our radio station. They might even be erased.

If they're actual jingles or promo songs, it'd be amazing! Hell, just knowing they were used on the show is incredible enough. Either way, fingers are crossed that something special is recorded on them.
    yup..in agreement with you all.....they certainly look like the carts for jingles we used on my old student radio show back in the early 90s...amazing find!
    Marching across this war-torn land, Liberty Grooves is here to bruise the bland...

www.facebook.com/solidnmindrap

www.whirlwindd.bandcamp.com

www.kanefm.com

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot La Rock View Post
    http://old-school-hiphop-tapes.blogspot.com/

His blog used to have a decent selection of live old school audio tapes. He doesn't update it nearly as much as he used to. Maybe he abandoned it? Looks like you're down with him -- any insight, Craig?
    He's started to re-archive all his material online at Skydrive...

He's upping some bits that havent made it to his site, as well as a shed-load of gear that has. Worth checking for.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Craig View Post
    He's started to re-archive all his material online at Skydrive...
    Excuse my ignorance Craig but what is Skydrive & when I get there how do I find this ish? Link?
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Warrior
    Whats good Kase? if ye head over to Dutchs spot - http://old-school-hiphop-tapes.blogspot.com/ he's started the links already. Just head to his blog and youll see his posts with the new Skydrive linkage.

Skydrive is a bit like having Rapidshare type account, its a cloud type archive space that he's switching all his old Megaupload type links and adding on with new bits. Its a simple registration thing if ye get asked, but it'll only ask if yer downloading shedloads at a time. He's a generous cat so its worth investigating. Hope ye find some treats