Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 305
  1. #291
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    Wow, wonder what Mantronics sounded like in '83!
    na sez mc convention '85

  2. #292
    DWG Founding Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,980
    Yeah... it's 85

  3. #293
    DWG Founding Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx Crazy 2 View Post
    After seeing the rare appearance of Coke La Rock in Hip Hop Evolution doc i found this poster on instagram.
    Kool Herc party flyer by Bronx Style Master Riff 170. I like how it has the bus info to get to the venue.

    Attachment 8798
    It's not a poster... It's actually a picture of my flyer taken by one of the curators at the Museum of the City of New York when I met with them a few weeks back. The image on the bottom right corner actually comes from another flyer RIFF created earlier in the year.

    Praise due, however, to said curator. He recognized the guy's government name from the photo as RIFF 170 and sent him the pic. Apparently, RIFF was bugging when he saw the picture. Those types of reactions are what it's all about!

  4. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot La Rock View Post
    It's not a poster... It's actually a picture of my flyer taken by one of the curators at the Museum of the City of New York when I met with them a few weeks back. The image on the bottom right corner actually comes from another flyer RIFF created earlier in the year.

    Praise due, however, to said curator. He recognized the guy's government name from the photo as RIFF 170 and sent him the pic. Apparently, RIFF was bugging when he saw the picture. Those types of reactions are what it's all about!

    Great flyer, how did you come across the flyer yourself?
    Sean Corcorans feed is a great source of subway writing history and the occasional Hip Hop related gem. I seen the Martin Wong show he curated for the Guggenheim 3 years ago, i stumbled across not knowing it was on during a visit to the Museum. I know Sharp Jonone and A One (r.i.p) from the 90's and they used to discuss Martin Wongs Subway writer Blackbook/art collection a lot. He was one of the main collectors of the Art in the early days, according to Sharp a lot of the books were traded for money to buy PCP! Sean Corcorans instagram posts are mainly made up of Martins Wongs estate.

    Another 1975 Riff post from Seans feed:

  5. #295
    DWG Founding Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,980
    Yeah -- Sean is mad cool. Gave us the tour of the museum and got to see where they stored some of their rarer pieces. He definitely loves what he is into. It's great having hip hop heads in positions where they can curate and present the culture to the masses.

  6. #296
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    535
    Had no idea where to post this but it is an oldskool song I guess?

    On slick ricks “la di da di” - the rumble jumble / ruffle ruffle - whatever that is that happens for 5 min before the mirror calls him a concieted bastard...

    What is going on there? Lol.....

  7. #297
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    I'd Rather Jack
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by theblend View Post
    Had no idea where to post this but it is an oldskool song I guess?

    On slick ricks “la di da di” - the rumble jumble / ruffle ruffle - whatever that is that happens for 5 min before the mirror calls him a concieted bastard...

    What is going on there? Lol.....
    The magic mirror on the wall like in Snow White innit:



    This is a spooky arse coincidence because I read summat about how "mirror mirror"on the wall.." is a classic example of Mandela Effect in the sunday paper, and then last night's episode of The X-Files on C5 was all about Mandela Effect.

  8. #298
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    The magic mirror on the wall like in Snow White innit:



    This is a spooky arse coincidence because I read summat about how "mirror mirror"on the wall.." is a classic example of Mandela Effect in the sunday paper, and then last night's episode of The X-Files on C5 was all about Mandela Effect.
    Nice 1 dude, thanks for the reply!
    I got the Magic Mirror / snow white reference already (although the mandella effect / misquoted line caught me out when wathing that youtube clip!) ...but specifically, what do you reckon the "rumble jumble" bit is about?

  9. #299
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    I'd Rather Jack
    Posts
    2,490
    I've always assumed he means the noise/movements the magic mirror makes as it computes Rick's question and gives him the answer, like the magic mirror does in the Snow White scene.

  10. #300
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    835
    Never released...until 2017...




 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •