Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DWG Warrior
    This should never change hands for money... Also artists should have control over their output otherwise you end up with a thousand shit remixes from dullards diluting your material.
    From each according to his ability, to each according to his need

Quote Originally Posted by udon View Post
    hmmm i am not to sure about that. indirectly i am sure he was part of the vinyl release. seeing there was bundles available with the tshirts he has for sale on his site. also he profited from the djing/live performance because of this. the pharcyde openly supported/backed this too....
    I asked them on their bandcamp page just as the vinyl surfaced and got a fast reply denying any connections. Needless to say I pointed out I was not a lawyer/corp agent just a fan who wanted to support this.
    If Pharcyde supported this that's good on them, I wouldn't be suprised if ATCQ were positive about this too. It's about the artist having control, this is clearly a major, corporate, label issue.
    It was the same back when Danger Mouse done did his Grey Album and Columbia (if I remember correctly) raised the alarm. They could've made money off it and everyone would be happy, but nahh, not in our backyard.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by strangefameis View Post
    I asked them on their bandcamp page just as the vinyl surfaced and got a fast reply denying any connections. Needless to say I pointed out I was not a lawyer/corp agent just a fan who wanted to support this.
    If Pharcyde supported this that's good on them, I wouldn't be suprised if ATCQ were positive about this too. It's about the artist having control, this is clearly a major, corporate, label issue.
    It was the same back when Danger Mouse done did his Grey Album and Columbia (if I remember correctly) raised the alarm. They could've made money off it and everyone would be happy, but nahh, not in our backyard.
    EMI!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnycuba View Post
    dullards .
    I enjoy this word.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by J$MONEY View Post
    EMI!
    There you go. Thanks