Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

The 'What Was I Thinking?' Thread.

What is some music that you liked back in the day, spent your hard earned cash on and now wonder 'What the Hell Was I thinking? This shit is garbage!'.

The Fugees - I bought both the first LP and the Score when they came out but really they are embarrasingly shit.

Wyclef = add to the Michael Hunt list, what a cretin.
    Pras = Most pointlessly shit rapper in the history of the world.
    Lauren = Lunatic racist who's best performance was in Sister Act 2.

Das EFX - Diggity Diggity diggity, oh please just fuck off you twats. Why do I have these shitty records in my collection.

Nine - What is with that voice you trumpet?

Add on to the hate, or hate on my hate.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Disagree with all those you mentioned, really like the Fugees first Bof Baf is dope on a rope, Nine made so many good records, OK Das EFX could never live up to their 1st LP, but each to their own.

Here goes for me for three

B.I.G. and all the Bad Boy releases, now all those releases just like commercial Shite

M.O.P. shouty Nonsense oh add Onyx to that aswell

Snoop Dogg - Yawn

OK now let the hating begin on me

DWG Warrior
    Haha this thread could be fun. Disagree with lots of the above but here's one for you. Apart from one or two tunes EPMD are a steaming pile of shit.

DWG Warrior
    Never really dug Fugees, though the first LP was ok. Loved Nine. Onyx, MOP - shouty rap will always have a place IMO & the LP with Premo is great. BIG I liked at first but everything had gone soft & shiny suited before the second LP even dropped.

There are a gang of records I wouldn't own if X had released a record around that time. For example, if Mobb Deep had dropped a new one, Big Noyd would never have been bought

DWG Warrior
    Flava in Ya Ear is better than any BIG 12" I can think of...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whosaidjazz View Post
    Apart from one or two tunes EPMD are a steaming pile of shit.
    Never that!

Hating on EPMD or Nice & Smooth is banned from my thread!
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Biggity Bob with some diggity dumbassery.
    As the undisputed leader of Bob's Snob Squad its not even remotely surprising that you chose records that had a glimmer of popularity associated with them.
    I'm sure you bought em before the hype and once teenage America started to catch on to the talent, out came your, "Well if they like it, then I gotta be different" elitist old man stink eye.

The Score is genuine classic. Das Efx's "East Coast" has one of the best baselines in Hip Hop history. But hey, they sold too many albums so they must be trash, right?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Hating on EPMD or Nice & Smooth is banned from my thread!
    I'm with you on Nice n Smooth but apart from that I'll hate on what I want. Where do I get an application form for the snob squad by the way? Sounds like quite an organisation if you listen to some people...

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sasQwax View Post
    Flava in Ya Ear is better than any BIG 12" I can think of...
    Certainly would agree with that (OK beside Craig Mack and a couple of other tracks Bad Boy was crap)