Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Ok bob, I suppose we all have guilty pleasures.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    I remember when I heard "Definition Of A Hustla" the first time on MTV and got me that CD for crazy loot (well I was 14yrs old, pockets flat most of the time). That album was straight shit but I thought it was Gangsta ... and no I don't have it anymore

DWG Warrior
    Fully expect this thread to be bumped in 5-10 years time when people are coming to terms with the fact they deprived themselves of a decent fortnight abroad in favour of buying all that Griselda bollocks.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Fully expect this thread to be bumped in 5-10 years time when people are coming to terms with the fact they deprived themselves of a decent fortnight abroad in favour of buying all that Griselda bollocks.
    when did you turn into such a grumpy old man

i'd still rather have my griselda records than 2 weeks in benidorm or the like

I'v had a change of heart on The Fugees in the last couple of weeks.
    Whilst I didn't slate them in this thread* I certainly have elsewhere over the years, and occasionally I've given them some props.
    It seems that like a lot of folk I bought the first album on the strength of Boof Baf got the album was wasnt really feeling it, played a couple of tracks from time to time but that was it.
    Fast-forward some years and Im in the newly opened Bigga Records (Plymouth) when it was based in the Cooperage (nightclub) and either Simon or Porky (cant remember who) said "we got the new Fugees album and its really good". I think they played a track or two off it and I bought it, mainly blown away by the production if I remember right.
    I liked it a lot at first but over time I really struggled with Pras and Whyclef and fell out of love with the album.

Well, its 2021 and Ive been playing both albums a lot and really like both releases.

Blunted On Reality is still not a great album but has a lot more tracks that I like rather than dislike now

And hearing The Score with fresh ears has really revitalised the album for me, id go as far to say its incredible, the beats are top notch and I like every track apart from the two singing joints No Woman/Killing Me. Lauryn's raps are phenomenal, her lyrics,voice,flow are up there with anyone ever! And I actully think Whyclef is good, he goes off on wild tangets but I like it and Pras is ok enough to not ruin the tracks.

The scores are in:

Blunted On Relaity : 6 out of 10
    The Score : 8.5 out of 10

*Edit: I see I did comment on The Fugees earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by francois parker; 07-03-21 at 09:40 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Nah the Fugees still suck ass in 2021.

Best thing Lauren ever did was Sister Act 2.

lol just seen I had given them a reprieve only last year. Poor Pras.
    Last edited by Bob Disaster; 08-03-21 at 06:45 AM.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Borks who listen to any old shite with a boom-bap beat being embarrassed by classic Ray Luv over Khayree production?

This can't be life

Dre & Ray had a point when they said They Don't Understand.

DWG Warrior
    I never really got into The Score. Quite like Fugee-La or Ready Or Not if I haven't heard them for a while, and the Nappy Heads remix is nice enough. Always preferred Lauryn's rapping to her singing though. This is dope

DWG Warrior
    The Fugees and The Score are dope (Blunted On Reality was actually recorded 2 years before it even dropped, which explains the dated sound). I've actually been doing a lot of diggin lately for things around The Score (original samples, interviews, etc) .....putting together a tribute mix. To fully appreciate them, you have to appreciate reggae (and R&B to an extent).....a lot of their vibe is centered around the Caribbean influence.

DWG Warrior
    Love Fugee-La & think Lauryn Hill is 1 of the few artists that can sing as well as she can rap, they must be the only group where the female bodies the guys