Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Nice and Smooth are turd (FULL STOP.)

DWG Warrior
    hahaha I knew it wouldn't be long before Troll-boy reared his ugly head. @rchecka (bipolar keyboard champion)

I think you have me mistaken for someone else, for example I love B.I.G and the whole Tunnel Club / Shiny Suit era that is being hated on in this thread so I am hardly a snob.

As for the old man tag yes I am getting on a bit but I champion more new rap on here than most people, 'Stay Hatin' (R.I.P Matthew Africa) is my favorite place for new music and I would much rather hear Waka Flocka or Riff Raff than listen to Damu the Fudgepacker.

I don't see you contributing to the 'New Hip Hop' thread very often so stay in your lane.
    Last edited by Bob Disaster; 25-09-12 at 01:00 PM.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    Nice and Smooth are turd (FULL STOP.)

BAN

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    BAN

DWG Warrior
    Theres as much good stuff on Bad Boy as there is rubbish. Ready To Die is a great album, Black Rob's 'Life Story', some dope singles by G Dep and Craig Mack...'All About The Benjamins' and a handful of great tracks on Puff's 'No Way Out' and 'Life After Death'

I tend to have got rid of any stuff I wouldnt want to play anymore and I guess the most common type of record that fits this category is late 90s indie stuff. Nothing awful about most of it but so much of it was incredible derivative and generic it just doesnt warrant repeated listening.

Non-Hip Hop wise, theres alot of late 90s D&B (mainly the Rap sampling jump up stuff) that really hasnt aged well and sounds very shit these days. Loved it back then though.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whosaidjazz View Post
    I'm with you on Nice n Smooth but apart from that I'll hate on what I want.
    hehehe I read this in a Cartman voice.

DWG Warrior
    @stepone

Good points, I would happily put all my ABB Records and Jurrasic 5 in an incinerator at this point as they just sit there gathering dust.

There is a lot of club rap from that era I wish I had in my collection especially when I play at a party or night out.

DWG Warrior
    this thread is ace

hmmm loads of records, gonna have to give this some serious thought. In my own world lots of it's AMAZING but play it in the company of others and it can get pretty cringey. Luckily my girlfriend doesn't seem to pay attention to lyrics anymore
    Last edited by Cro; 25-09-12 at 01:16 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Ha - there's a load I wish I didn't have!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    @stepone

Good points, I would happily put all my ABB Records and Jurrasic 5 in an incinerator at this point as they just sit there gathering dust.

There is a lot of club rap from that era I wish I had in my collection especially when I play at a party or night out.
    theres a handful of those types of things I still really like (eg Work The Angles/Triple Optics 12" and the like) but I never really copped laods of it. The late 90s-early 00s Westwood/Funk Flex club stuff is generally pretty cheap to pick up these days.