Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

The Old School poster

Very exciting. Looks great DWG!
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Warrior
    Great stuff. Doing 1979-1983 while everyone else seems to be "stuck in the 90s" = perfection

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Survivor View Post
    everyone else seems to be "stuck in the 90s" = perfection
    we need more love for the old school....doesn't get enough IMO. Absolutely without question my favourite era
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase View Post
    we need more love for the old school....doesn't get enough IMO. Absolutely without question my favourite era
    My fav era is 1988-92, when my love for hiphop developed. But the older I get the more I feel love for the old school. Wouldn't surprise me if the old school was my favorite era ten years from now. Those joints are just so timeless and classic. Just seeing these labels almost gives me goosebumps, haha!

Without trying to hype this one up, I think it might be a fast selling project!

Just noticed that the preview image has been shared via Facebook by DJ Mercury (and a bunch of other people) and the early response has been really good. 3000 views in 48 hours. And only 100 copies available!

I havent been here for ages, but for this one I will be out bed early..

The forum will get 24 hours advance ordering opportunity tomorrow morning, before we hit up everyone on Facebook, Twitter and the next DWG newsletter (due next week).

DWG Founding Member
    Welcome, atilla... You should visit more often. Glad the old school poster has brought you back out!

DWG Warrior
    dope. will be up early..
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    As much as I respect the stuff, I'm just not a huge fan of the era. These are mostly records that I'd sell within hours of finding. There are only a few I've held on to for longer (coincidentally the last two in the top row).
    That said, it looks great. I like to see DWG bringing more than just records to the table.