Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 232 of 234 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2339
    I was just watching some old rap videos and a memory or two came flooding back about the guy I used to watch MTV Raps with.
    I was just watching the Walk Like A Duck video and remember how my mate had a completely irrational dislike of the Kadi (think I got the name right, the dude in the yellow). My mate would shout "whos this cunt" "who does this cunt think he is" and variations of those phrases out loud evetime he saw Kadi! There was also a guy sat on the bench in the same video that he disliked! Its completely irrational, we probably watch 100s of rap vids and these were the only two people I can remember putting him over the edge! Very odd, but sat here now I thing it very funny and puzzling at the same time.

Another two vids that got a much more understandable reaction from him were Pete Nice/Kick The Bobo and Little Shawn / Hickies. Both vids would have him shouting crude but in his mind complimentary comments at the birds in the videos, they were a fine selection no doubt. But again these are the only two videos that would get the over reaction from him, I mean there are 100s of vvids with decent birds in but just these two vids got him shouting the obscenities.

DWG Warrior
    Noriyoshi Ohrai artwork.

Godzilla don dadda & Star Wars legend.

https://www.iamag.co/the-art-of-noriyoshi-ohrai

Chicken Salt

I'd never heard of the stuff, a friend said to try it, I like.

De La Soul ‎– Art Official Intelligence: Mosaic Thump

I was hugely disappointed with this when it came out.
    Over time it grew on me and I thought some of it was real good, a lot ok and and a fair bit proper rubbish.
    Playing it today for the first time in a few years and I now think its mostly dope! some Ok bits and there are only two track I dont like which are Oooh and Squat. I never liked Oooh something proper anyoying about it and Squat well I struggle with most things Beastie Boys these days.

Only problem I got is my Disk 2 is a bit fucked as All Good? was a staple in my sets for years and The Art Of Getting Jumped got a lot of club play also, so that disk got the battle scars.

DWG Warrior
    Hearing Holy Thursday on radio 2 on my way to work yesterday.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    De La Soul ‎– Art Official Intelligence: Mosaic Thump

I was hugely disappointed with this when it came out.
    Over time it grew on me and I thought some of it was real good, a lot ok and and a fair bit proper rubbish.
    Playing it today for the first time in a few years and I now think its mostly dope! some Ok bits and there are only two track I dont like which are Oooh and Squat. I never liked Oooh something proper anyoying about it and Squat well I struggle with most things Beastie Boys these days.

Only problem I got is my Disk 2 is a bit fucked as All Good? was a staple in my sets for years and The Art Of Getting Jumped got a lot of club play also, so that disk got the battle scars.
    'Watch out' is a great track. Never really checked the LP though.

DWG Warrior
    I sold my AOI LP's but kept the 12" with 'Watch Out' as loved that beat.

I think I might need to give these a listen again, I suspect the sound might be more up my street these days.

I'm still bumping Grind Date. I really love that album.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Getting 3 right answers when watching the Only Connect semi-final last night. Always a proper hit of dopamine answering anything on there, and last night was proper hard and I got the West surnames wall connection before the team of spods. Get in there!

Those overlapping film titles during the missing vowels round tho? On my arse there.
    Last edited by BB; 16-03-21 at 09:02 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Greg Nice - Set It Off

This song never fails to make me happy and I always end up listening to it at least 5 times in a row. A minor classic which should be a major classic.

DWG Warrior
    i also consider it to be a classic, usually have to follow it up with Phat Doug