Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DWG Contributor
    Sex and Violence, as much as I like it, on no planet is it anywhere near as good or classic as Criminal Minded or Necessary. They're both gold-standard classics, landmarks. Sex and Violence is just a very good album in his discography. And it's not even as good as Return of the Boom Bap.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewhuge View Post
    Sex and Violence, as much as I like it, on no planet is it anywhere near as good or classic as Criminal Minded or Necessary. They're both gold-standard classics, landmarks. Sex and Violence is just a very good album in his discography. And it's not even as good as Return of the Boom Bap.
    of course, in your opinion, it's still number 1 for me

DWG Warrior
    All massive crew hold right. LOVE old BDP. All the albums are dope to me and offer something different from the next. KRS is gone haha the KRS that is on earth today is not the same KRS unfortunately haha. That guy is an imposter KRS. Imagine if KRS could get it together and BDP came back with a killer album? That would be dope.

DWG Warrior
    Return of the boom bap was solid. There are some songs on that album I really didn't like too much though. Sex and Violence is dope. I don't listen to Criminal Minded to much anymore since I've heard it a Billion times. But it's definitely a certified classic.

DWG Warrior
    having S&V at #1 could be down to a) liking the early 90s sound more than that of the mid 80s or b)it not being as overplayed - most of us will have heard South Bronx, Bridge Is Over etc a million times.

Either way, its the wrong answer

DWG Warrior
    All 7 are must own's!

DWG Contributor
    Some high points on S & V, but lots of filler. Poisonous Products, Say Gal, the last 3 tracks - all skippable.,

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VinylAthletes View Post
    KRS is gone haha the KRS that is on earth today is not the same KRS unfortunately haha. That guy is an imposter KRS.
    If you look closely at the cover of By All Means Necessary, KRS is the only one looking out the window like Malcolm with no shoes on

*taps nose*

DWG Warrior
    "Live Hardcore Worldwide" should not be overlooked, a fantastic set and top notch live audio engineering, if only the '87 Def Jam Tour had received the same archivists treatment........

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    ...and to a lesser extent, nonce-apologist anthem '13 & Good'
    Jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Disc_Eater View Post
    "Live Hardcore Worldwide" should not be overlooked, a fantastic set and top notch live audio engineering, if only the '87 Def Jam Tour had received the same archivists treatment........
    No doubt, that segment from the Town & Country Club show was my best live gig, ever.

I remember buying CM in Tower Records in P Circus in London Summer 87. Still my fave with BAMN and Sex & Violence 2nd, 3rd. Edutainment, and then Ghetto Music. But theyre all good, with greatness in Return of the Boom-Bap as well, thats a solid solid LP. John Peel had been playing cuts from CM months before I could buy it. Hearing 2 new songs a week on the radio [and taping, obvs] was enough. JP was a god.