Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    So sad...

RIP

DWG Warrior
    Very sad news. R.I.P. Cadence

DWG Warrior
    Just read the story about Cadence on Esoteric's site. Made me think about something I hadn't thought about in a long time. Cadence generously hooked me up with a copy of his record with Zimbabwe Legit and the Jungle Brothers years ago. I don't remember exactly how I came in contact with Cadence but he was a real cool brother. I think at the time I was still blogging on blogspot when he said he would send me a promo and some other stuff he was working on. When I got the package I remember there being a CDR in
    there with the record. The CDR had a couple titles written on there in sharpy. He was really excited aboyt these two songs on the CDR he just sent me snd said, "let me know what you think". I listened to them and remember how blown away I was by lyrics and production. And since Esoteric talked about Cadence and his knowledge of politics I now remember back to that CDR. There was a song on there that I was diggin about George W. Bush. A real politically charged song about the infamous Bush. It was real dope and probably too unPC-Paris style to release haha. Anyway Cadence was a real passionate dude about his music and real cool from my little experiences talking to him. So this is sad news indeed on a very unexpected level. He'll be missed but never forgotten.

DWG Warrior
    Sorry to hear the news

My thoughts are with his family and close friends

DWG Warrior
    ...May he rest in peace...

DWG Warrior
    I never knew him but he seemed like he had a great sense of humor from reading some of his posts on here.
    His "Live and Learn" advice about how to break it to your wife about dropping the AC out of your apartment building for example was just one of the lighthearted funny things he said around here. Remember this?

Clearly he was a stand up guy with a great sense of humor. RIP Cadence.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VinylAthletes View Post
    Just read the story about Cadence on Esoteric's site. Made me think about something I hadn't thought about in a long time. Cadence generously hooked me up with a copy of his record with Zimbabwe Legit and the Jungle Brothers years ago. I don't remember exactly how I came in contact with Cadence but he was a real cool brother. I think at the time I was still blogging on blogspot when he said he would send me a promo and some other stuff he was working on. When I got the package I remember there being a CDR in
    there with the record. The CDR had a couple titles written on there in sharpy. He was really excited aboyt these two songs on the CDR he just sent me snd said, "let me know what you think". I listened to them and remember how blown away I was by lyrics and production. And since Esoteric talked about Cadence and his knowledge of politics I now remember back to that CDR. There was a song on there that I was diggin about George W. Bush. A real politically charged song about the infamous Bush. It was real dope and probably too unPC-Paris style to release haha. Anyway Cadence was a real passionate dude about his music and real cool from my little experiences talking to him. So this is sad news indeed on a very unexpected level. He'll be missed but never forgotten.
    that sounds like Stand Up Tragedy the song Cadence did on DWG 7". He was a very smart dude and so honest on here and on the mic , he could be angry like in that song, sensitive like when opening up about his mums cancer fight or just straight up bboy. He will be missed.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

^ yeah that sounds like 'Stand Up Tragedy' -the thread is here with some comments from Cade http://forum.diggerswithgratitude.co...=stand+tragedy

DWG Warrior
    Is there time to put something on the notes for the Sampler EP??