Welcome to the DWG Forums.

Thread: DITC Day one

DWG Warrior

DITC Day one

How many of you knew that it was Fat Joe rapping the chorus of this classic?

never really thought about it, but DITC guys pop up on other crew members choruses .... sometimes uncredited

I didn’t know that.

It’s my favourite record of that era. I love it not only for the music, but what the record represents to me.

DWG Warrior
    It's pretty obvious isn't it?

Anyway the song should be added to the 'vibes' thread.

A.G has the best verse on Day One IMO (then Finesse).
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    It's pretty obvious isn't it?

Anyway the song should be added to the 'vibes' thread.

A.G has the best verse on Day One IMO (then Finesse).
    yeah, how did we miss this one out!? Superb track. Was stoked to pick the Oliver San on 45 many, many moons ago, felt like I got my dusty finger stripes

DWG Warrior
    It looks to me that it wasn’ that obvious. I am used of to the boisterous Fat Joe rapping that him being so laid back on a chorus never occurred to me.

Another chorus that was in my mind lately is Kool G Rap ft Nas-fast life”. I now believe that it is uncredited to Johnny Blanco. He is rapper from Corona Queens(same hood as Kool G Rap) that put out the respect/live from Queens 12-inch. He is the same person named Whiteboy appearing on Nas demo track with again Kool G Rap-Number one with the bullet. I have a dope Track from Whiteboy on a J-Love mixtape track from 1997, same voice pattern as Johnny Blanco. Plus Whiteboy name is corny so he changed it to Blanco which means White in Spanish. I’ve added the comment to his discogs.
    Last edited by khadafi; 29-12-20 at 03:29 AM.