Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!

The 12" List Part.1

OK I think I've emailed everyone that submitted for the Album list, so they all know but to everyone else here's the blurb:

As promised I am now going to start the mammoth task of compiling the 12” list, the way this is going to be done is by dividing the lists into periods of years (Don’t worry I’m not going to do them all in one go) and then take the Top 20 from each list and then compile them all into one list at the end.

The important bits

• Choose up to 50 12”s per period, the first 30 will receive 35pts down to 5pts (so first place gets 35pts and 30th place gets 5pts) then you can choose 20 bonus 12”s each receiving 1pt
    • We want to keep it to readily available releases so no acetates or TP’s, but readily available official bootlegs are allowed i.e. Bozo Meko release’s
    • Please state which actual release you want submitted (I.e. Spoonie Gee’s – Spoonin Rap or Spoonin Rap (Remix)), if no mention I will default the main version of the release.
    • Your voting for the 12” not the track, so if a release has been released twice with different B-sides then please state which version you want (i.e. Treacherous Three – Get up/Turn It Up or Get Up/UFO) just put Treacherous Three – Get Up/Turn it Up
    • Please submit Artist. 12” & year for each release
    • The closing date will be 22nd June for these three lists, once that date has passed I will then start the following up list’s
    • Submit your list to dwghiphoplp@hotmail.com

The lists which can now be submitted are: (you can submit these in three separate emails or all in one)

1979 – 1982 - 8 SUBMITTERS - 147 unique Releases
    1983 – 1986
    - 7 SUBMITTERS - 170 unique Releases
    1987 - 1990
    - 6 SUBMITTERS - 199 Unique Releases

Any questions just email me and I'll hopefully sort you out.

Good Luck

Diseone

DWG Warrior
    79-84 sent. Still a bit of work to do on 85-88

Only one entry from 84 though
    Last edited by Kase; 03-05-13 at 06:39 PM.
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Warrior
    I am not in for part 1 as i dont own much from this era. I am keen on the results and some education from the older cats on here though.

DWG Warrior
    First era's gonna be easier than the second......

I hope no one votes for rappers deshite.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Disc_Eater View Post
    First era's gonna be easier than the second......

I hope no one votes for rappers deshite.
    Totally agree, first one Is fairly easy for choices, but just need to decide the order. Second I think I have about 150-200 records to choose from.

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ this is why I'd have liked old school to get it's own section. I know the 79-84 category will be overrun with more drum machine based stuff from 83/84. Not enough old school heads on here to rep the early rap records properly.
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Warrior
    The problem having just an old school selection would be so few people would submit, as if I stuck to strictly Old School, I would only choose about 5 records, for most the Disco Rap era is quite a niche sound for people, and most find it, dare I say boring?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    and most find it, dare I say boring?
    Blasphemer!! Instant ban!!!

DWG Warrior
    Ahh, yes the old school, the long track years. As all the tracks are 9 minutes or more it simply must be a 12" single, cuz if the song was on an album it would be an 8LP box.

DWG Warrior
    I'm glad the second period has been cut down to 1985-1988, tough enough as it is without 1989 getting involved

Got a couple of rough lists, will see how they look in a couple of days