Welcome to the DWG Forums.

Thread: Marseille.

Marseille.

Anyone been?
    I get free rail travel in France so looking at spending a couple of weeks there in the summer (with my wife and son).
    Marseille bit of a rep for being dangerous (but then a look at various travel guides list loads of euro cities as being dangerous).
    We are considering Nice but Marseille is possibly a little cheaper and there are actually nicer beaches (so the guides say).

I dont actually know anyone who's been there.

DWG Warrior
    My mates went on a Skate trip there years ago and said it was great, they were getting drunk and skateboarding though so probably not much use to you.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    My mates went on a Skate trip there years ago and said it was great, they were getting drunk and skateboarding though so probably not much use to you.
    Likewise: I went on a bit of a skate tour with John Rattray, Greg Finch, Paul Shier and a bunch of others around France. Marseille was a great place – you needed to keep your wits about you in certain areas, but it was an interesting place. And the weather was amazing.

Sorry. Not a very helpful post!

DWG Warrior
    the calanques are supposed to be great but I think Nice overall is a nicer area but obviously more posh (and for old people)
    just dont wear any paris st germain related clothes and you should be fine ;-)