Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Glasgow/Edinburgh, Bristol and wales
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    Quick reminder that apart from 3 London Posse songs, 2 Rodney P solo songs, 2 Silver Bullet songs, and a handful of Grime songs made between 2002 - 2005, UK Hip Hop is probably the worst genre of music ever created.

It's a sunday league football version of proper rap music, and even John Barnes could rap better than Blade.

DWG Warrior
    Not sure, got bored with most of it after the early nineties (although it doesn't make me furiously angry)

Probably facking landan town then

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Grime is probably the worst genre of music ever created.
    Couldn't agree more, absolute shit.

I always thought HuntKillBuryFin was a pretty fucking good rapper.

Caveman.

Black Twang is a fave also.

Blade made some great tracks, 1989-93, I also like the whole ethic, bringing stuff out himself.

Haven't really checked much "post 2000" stuff - I am open to it though. Although I expect I'll not be able to relate to much of it. Being I'm such an old cunt.

DWG Warrior
    I'm not much of a Grime fan beyond a handful of songs, but at least it actually did something new and created its own sound and lexicon.

UK Hip Hop, on the other hand, is basically Susan Boyle karaoke of American rap music.

DWG Warrior
    Surprised to see so much love for boogie down Bristol - I've always had the impression that the rest of the country doesn't go in for the accent in general. Pretty chuffed to be personally named in the thread considering the amount of amazing UK dudes.
    Not sure I have an outright favorite UK MC. Back in the day London definitely had more crews with vinyl out but now it's more spread out and I think generally more interesting outside of London. What's cool is how the internet has enlightened us all to crews from all corners of the UK. Can't pick one city but i'm definitely repping Bristol.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Quick reminder that apart from 3 London Posse songs, 2 Rodney P solo songs, 2 Silver Bullet songs, and a handful of Grime songs made between 2002 - 2005, UK Hip Hop is probably the worst genre of music ever created.

It's a sunday league football version of proper rap music, and even John Barnes could rap better than Blade.
    I did wonder once I saw the title how long it would be, before we saw the resurgence of BB, to add his two pennys worth.

Have to agree about grime, but I have take your views in general with a pinch of salt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    I did wonder once I saw the title how long it would be, before we saw the resurgence of BB, to add his two pennys worth.

Have to agree about grime, but I have take your views in general with a pinch of salt.

DWG Warrior
    Not to ruin an internet argument but clearly pretty much all of this is subjective. Having said that IN MY OPINION Blade is a pretty terrible rapper. I'm not mad about any particular time period, I like a bit of Gunshot, Demon Boyz, London Posse etc but at the same time I think I'm much closer to step one's view of things.

And I still like BB's view of things being around here, if only to remind people who don't agree that their opinions aren't facts.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    K-lash, Jehst, Fallacy and Kyza are 'new skool'?
    erm yes they are totally nu school lol