Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Football thread

DWG Warrior
    Watched the Wolves vs Leeds game with my Leeds supporter pal. Neither of us saw that comeback happening!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr NO View Post
    I remember the JPT game in 2007 when City took over the Gainsborough pub in Lockleaze very early doors.. Must of been 200 plus in there. We all marched to their shit pit on the orders of Scooter (R.I.P) taking charge at the front

Never ever good loosing to those scruffs (and they still bang on about it 15 years later!!) Rickie Lambert's goal still haunts me..However, that was a memorable day/night. Letís just say we upset the locals!

Hope to see you down the Gate soon mate.
    I've only been to that dump once, it might have been that game. I just remember we were awful and we lost

Me and the boy renewed our season tickets at crimbo, I took him in the Dolman for the Barnsley game but he wanted to be back in the Lansdown where he can see over heads a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Watched the Wolves vs Leeds game with my Leeds supporter pal. Neither of us saw that comeback happening!
    Caught the last 20 mins or so of that game, exciting stuff!

Went to see Spurs / West Ham at the weekend, lots of inflatable cats in attendance.

DWG Warrior
    Apparently today is the 20th anniversary of when Ronaldinho scored THAT free kick against David Seaman in the 2002 World Cup. He got sent off about 10 minutes later but England still couldn't beat Brazil.

This match always stuck in my head because the time delay meant it was on about 8 AM so work let us go in late that morning and everyone turned up bummed out
    Last edited by BB; 21-06-22 at 04:08 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Apparently today is the 20th anniversary of when Ronaldinho scored THAT free kick against David Seaman
    the cross that went in you mean lol
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

DWG Warrior
    He definitely meant it!

Remember his Barce goal against Chelski? It was like a magic shuffle panenka from open play which made Carvalho dizzy and turned Cech into a statue.

Last edited by BB; 22-06-22 at 12:21 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Overrated. Just a toe poke, same with the Roberto Carlos free kick (which was going well wide until the wind blew it in).

DWG Warrior
    one of the purest strikes you will ever see

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by record-sniffer View Post
    Overrated. Just a toe poke, same with the Roberto Carlos free kick (which was going well wide until the wind blew it in).

Yeah yeah! yeah

Payet goal was good tho tbf.

Back to Brazil and the 2002 World Cup, Rivaldo's shameful dive after getting struck in his arm by the ball was the birth of Neymar Syndrome.

Last edited by BB; 30-06-22 at 08:57 AM.