Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Football thread

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Loving the press wank fest over Bale without 1 single quote anywhere at all from anyone related to Spurs. Selling papers never been easier, just begin any lie with 'A source close to the players dogs ex wife said' or even worse 'Sky Sports understands'
    same with fabregas. he said a month ago he's not leaving. the board said he's not going. tito said he's not going. and now tata said he's not going. yet he has agreed to go to united in a secret meeting.

i'm somewhat excited to see premier league for once, spaniards everywhere.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocka View Post
    same with fabregas. he said a month ago he's not leaving. the board said he's not going. tito said he's not going. and now tata said he's not going. yet he has agreed to go to united in a secret meeting.

i'm somewhat excited to see premier league for once, spaniards everywhere.
    Yep Utd do campaign hard in the press when they want a player too.

Rooney needs his arse kicked - arrogant and wasting a huge talent. But he's got enough money now, so why would he care.
    Imagine him going abroad - would he make a single friend?

DWG Warrior
    I went to Sydney the other week to watch the Manchester United exhibition match against the (supposed) A-League Allstars. Was great to see Giggs and RVP playing live, even though I'm not a fan. The stadium was packed - 80,000, but the atmosphere was dead. The Allstar team was diabolical - they had held a fan vote to select the team, but almost the entire team who were voted in were unable to play (some had moved to overseas clubs in the offseason, others were in Asia with the Australian national team for the Asia cup, others [Del Peiro] couldn't be arsed coming back off holiday), so we were stuck with a Nostar team of A-league B-Grades (that's pretty low level), playing against Utd. The score was 5-1.

Then a few days later, my local team, Melbourne Victory played Liverpool in Melbourne to 95,000 fans. Again, our team was down to barebones, mainly promoted youth squad players for the same reason as the Allstars match. It was the youngest average age for an A-League team (21 or 22), and the guys did great. Held Liverpool to 1-0 for the majority of the match until Saurez set up a goal with the last kick of the match.

Good to see football picking up over here finally.

DWG Warrior
    interested to see how my team (everton) get on tonight, they're playing juventus in a pre-season competition in san-francisco

should be a good test to see how martinez's new style of play holds up against a very good side, apparently we've looked pretty good in pre-season so far, with even the most bitter blues admiring the new boss' showings on the fan sites

i suspect that if we get smashed by juve tonight, it'll all be back to normal with the anti-martinez stance

DWG Warrior
    Gonna take a while for Everton to adopt and play he's ideas mate. Like Liverpool and Rodgers. He needs time.

DWG Warrior
    Martinez has tough job following on from Moyes.

85mil for Bale....come on Spurs, how can you turn that down? Insane money
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Like Liverpool and Rodgers. He needs a manual 'Football Management for Dummies'.
    fixed

only messing, but i do think he's daft letting reina go, competition for places and all that and i would just snatch arsenal's hand off for suarez and then the majority of liverpool fans can actually admit that he's an abhorrent individual, i think they're even sick of defending him at this stage.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase View Post
    Martinez has tough job following on from Moyes.

85mil for Bale....come on Spurs, how can you turn that down? Insane money
    Cause it ain't 85 mil cash. It's 45 plus 2 very good players Madrid think are worth 40 mil who won't want to play for us anyway.

85 cash though - agreed, a good deal but we won't be able to bring in top quality to replace. Players really won't join us - they all want Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd.

The money's better spent on a stadium. Sad that I feel that way.

DWG Warrior
    85 million is stupid.
    Bale is nowhere near the experience level that Ronaldo was at when he went for 80 mill.
    40 mill is about right in my opinion. Hold tight on 85m though, Daniel Levy works fucking miracles in transfer deals.
    He'll either get an extortionate amount of money for Bale or he'll drive the price so high that Madrid can't afford.

The players plus cash deals are fucking stupid when you have to factor in adding more to your wage bill to do so..

Rodgers may be a twat in interviews etc, but he is going to improve Liverpool big time. You could see where they were going right at the beginning of last season when they were the better team but still not getting the results to show their dominance. He's made some great young signings too.. should be serious contenders for 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlover View Post
    Rodgers may be a twat... You could see where they were going right at the beginning of last season when they were the better team...
    Better than who?

Everton beat Juventus last night. Martinez tinkered with our formation again. Going to be interesting.

Bring on Real Madrid...