• Midnight Marauders

22 37.93%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

November 9th 1993-Wu or Tribe?

Enter+the+WuTang+36+Chambers.jpg
    index.jpg

This will be an interesting poll...let the battle begin DWG fam

20 years ago today (November 9th), two classic, timeless and essential albums were released on the same day, but which one do you personally hold in the highest regard?

I love both albums with a massive passion but for me Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) is the better and more important album of the two and without being spammy I wanted to share a post I did at my blog on my reasons why...there is also a poll asking what was your fave track from the Wu album, please feel free to participate if you choose.

http://coldrockdaspot.blogspot.co.nz...-chambers.html

So Wu or Tribe?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jaz; 09-11-13 at 09:25 AM.

DWG Warrior
    "Wu-Tang changed my life"

DWG Warrior
    Wu-Tang no question. Difficult to pick a favourite track, every one is a winner! Although I do have memories of being embarrassed when my mum put it on in the car on the way down to Birmingham back then... just your nuts on the motherfucking dresser... groan.
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by folly View Post
    Wu-Tang no question. Difficult to pick a favourite track, every one is a winner! Although I do have memories of being embarrassed when my mum put it on in the car on the way down to Birmingham back then... just your nuts on the motherfucking dresser... groan.
    haha that reminds me of the time I was playing my "Renegades of Funk" 12" on my Dad's stereo and he flipped out and told me to turn that swearing crap off...I told him that they were saying "FUNKY" Dad haha.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Easy one, as per my post in the 20th Anniversary of 36 Chambers, bought both at the same time, listened to ATCQ and then Wu Tang, ATCQ never got another listen, it was (for me) boring compared to Wu.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    Easy one, as per my post in the 20th Anniversary of 36 Chambers, bought both at the same time, listened to ATCQ and then Wu Tang, ATCQ never got another listen, it was (for me) boring compared to Wu.
    I saw the post diseone, dopeness...do you still feel the same way about Midnight Marauders?

DWG Warrior
    Midnight Marauders for me

the skits spoil Enter the Wu Tang for me

I'm sure I'll lose some points but I'm a proper maverick me

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    I saw the post diseone, dopeness...do you still feel the same way about Midnight Marauders?
    In all honesty, I can't recall ever going back to it, it's been sitting on my shelves ever since (and soon to be sold), I'll dig out the CD copy I've got now and give it another listen, but I doubt it'll do much for me and I'll probably find it a bit slow, but you never know.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunkie View Post
    "Wu-Tang changed my life"
    Gotta be the wu, although I'll always have love for ATCQ
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

For any fans of Marauders, this post on the TROY blog is well worth checking out:

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2013/11/0...-revisited-ep/

Jim Sharp pays homage with a well-crafted remix EP.