Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

Is there a way to export an entire Hotmail account to Gmail? Including folders?l

So, I have been dealing with a stalkerish ex for almost 5 years. I have just had all her emails go to spam/junk for ages but once in a while some still get through and since they don't bounce back to her she knows my addresses are still active.

I never really wanted to go through the daunting task of changing my addresses that I've had for all these years but now it seems I have to.

Already had to change my phone number that I had for almost 20 years.

Incredibly annoying.

Anyway, is what I've described possible?

DWG Warrior
    Absolutely, I did it a while ago. Not just in one click but there are plenty of suggestions I found about how to do it. I don't know if they've made it more difficult recently because a lot of the guides how to do it seemed to change over time based on settings/functionality changing. I'll have a quick look and see if I can find the one I used.

DWG Warrior
    There's plenty of options though, should be easy enough to find one that works.

DWG Warrior
    I did this change, not from hotmail but from Yahoo mail and the one thing I would have done differently is kept my yahoo email alive a little bit longer after the switch. You don't have to use your old account but don't close it until you have changed your primary email address at all websites you visit. In my case, I forgot a few, and they would try to send my password to my old email and I couldn't get it cuz it was closed and whatdya know, I guess I gotta recreate a user at such and such website, you get the drift. If you miss a few you never visit, no biggie, but if you use facebook or twitter, you better damn well have that squared away before shutting off the old or you'll never have that handle again.

Gmail is worth the switch BTW, very streamlined and easy.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whosaidjazz View Post
    Been trying this method at work and getting an error message. Might have to do with our setting here.

Will try again at home and hopefully it works there.

Thanks troops.

DWG Warrior
    Good point from rchecka, I changed all the sites I remembered but set up an auto forward and just left my Hotmail account open. Then whenever I got something forwarded I just checked if I'd changed it for that site.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whosaidjazz View Post
    Good point from rchecka, I changed all the sites I remembered but set up an auto forward and just left my Hotmail account open. Then whenever I got something forwarded I just checked if I'd changed it for that site.
    Agreed. Good tip there rchecka. Will start making a list.