Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

DWG Warrior

Wild Style Completionisms

Just did a lil write up on the various Wild Style incarnations I've accumulated over the years. I'm guessing a few of you might enjoy the read.

Also, I'm guessing some of you uber rare dudes might have a lead on the 7" record on that post. Rainbows will fly out of my ass if one of you freaks have the actual Wild Style Test Press. Either way, feel free to hit me up with any additional info, that'd be highly appreciated.

Great write-up indeed!

Here's Rob's test pressing:

WildStyleInstrumentals.jpg

DWG Warrior
    Really enjoyed that, good work and good luck with the omissions from the collection.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

Very dope read. Glad to say I have an original on vinyl, not so glad to say the cover is long gone. May have to re-up and get the cover back.

DWG Warrior
    Hey thanks RD, Chris and ljunor for the good words.

Chris you are the man! I'd be a fool if I didn't at least ask... Can I add that image to the blog? It's a lot better than the book scan I used.

@ the_letter_d, much appreciated man. Here's a heads up on an OG at a very reasonable price. I don't know what you gotta pay for shipping but still this is a sure thing. DustyGroove Link

edit: read it further, sounds like the label might be a little marked up.

Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post
    Hey thanks RD, Chris and ljunor for the good words.

Chris you are the man! I'd be a fool if I didn't at least ask... Can I add that image to the blog? It's a lot better than the book scan I used.
    No problem! Feel free to use the scan I posted: this is the largest size I have.

It was originally sent to me from Rob at TSL himself (many years ago), so if you're going to put any credit, that's the name you're looking for!

DWG Warrior
    ^Will do, thank you Chris, much respect! That's a fantastic piece of history right there, I truly envy Rob for having that.

I'll update the post in the AM when I can do it right, I'm getting hailed for dinner right now.

This post reminds me... (great post btw)

If anyone else has the bootleg copy where the CD skips and they pressed the skipping CD onto the vinyl?
    I've been meaning to ask about that but it keeps slipping my mind.

DWG Warrior
    Who's got the tape reel of the alternate inst theme used in the Zoro opening montage and not included on the soundtrack or the Wild style beats on Mr Bongos?
    Or the scrapped Furious 5 ampitheathere footage?