Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Great write up. There's also the Wildstyle Theme Rap on / Subway Rap 12"...can anyone confirm if it's different to the OG 12"?

http://www.discogs.com/Grandmaster-C...p/master/74936

Sorry for the bad pic, took before work
    Wildstyle.jpg

DWG Contributor
    Great article fella.....props!
    Marching across this war-torn land, Liberty Grooves is here to bruise the bland...

www.facebook.com/solidnmindrap

www.whirlwindd.bandcamp.com

www.kanefm.com

DWG Founding Member
    Great write up!

Luckily, I'm the proud owner of the test press pictured in this thread. I asked Charlie about it and he replied:

We made 100 pressings. Most of these were handed out to all the DJ's and MC's. I only kept a few. Jose may have been one of the Twins playing congas at the amphitheater in the movie 1981.

For the longest time, it had been assumed only 10 or 20 of the test pressings were made.
    Last edited by Sureshot La Rock; 05-02-14 at 12:53 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot La Rock View Post
    Great write up!

Luckily, I'm the proud owner of the test press pictured in this thread. I asked Charlie about it and he replied:

We made 100 pressings. Most of these were handed out to all the DJ's and MC's. I only kept a few. Jose may have been one of the Twins playing congas at the amphitheater in the movie 1981.

For the longest time, it had been assumed only 10 or 20 of the test pressings were made.
    Boom knowledge dropped, oh and Rchecka...

Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post
    Rainbows will fly out of my ass if one of you freaks have the actual Wild Style Test Press.
    just sayin'

DWG Warrior
    ^ haha.

Great write up!

Wow... I had no idea our own SS La Rock owned that gem!

DWG Warrior
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Hahaha! Looks like it's Skittles and Ex-Lax for me all day. I shoulda known better that I'd have to eat those words. Lesson learned, never say never at DWG, someone's always got it.

Great info guys. Looks like I gotta get another 12". I'll update the blogpost with the scan and the good info you guys added. I'll drop it in a few. Good looks everyone!

DWG Warrior
    Great write up!

How did you get your hands on the original instrumental?!

Nice blog post Rchecka.

I could be wrong but I have a feeling Phill Most has a copy of the OG breakbeats & I also recall seeing a photo of Edan being given a copy by Charlie Ahearn. As I say I could be wrong.

Amazing historical record to own, congrats Sureshot.

I was always crazy about the Down by Law beat & before I new it was specially made for the film I was told by someone the break was by Blondie.

This led me on a wild goose chase in Our Price etc checking every Blondie LP & 12" to no avail ;-)

Is there any truth that it is Blondie's drummer Clem Burke playing on the breakbeats?

Again not sure where I heard it from but always thought it could be true with the time frame & Blondies connection with the Hip Hop scene in New York, Fab Five Freddy etc.

I have doubles of a re-issue of the Breakbeat LP but not on Music of Life records, will have to dig them out.

Also have doubles of the OG LP which I used to do a routine with in DMC competitions, the intro to "Fantastic Freaks at The Dixie".