Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I Updated the post to include the pic Chris provided, thanks again Chris. Does Rob at TSL have a link he want's me to use in the mention of his name?

I also added the info to the record Cro mentioned. I just placed the order so I can cross that off right away. I'll add pics once it lands and answer the question as to if it's the single version or the 2LP version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot La Rock View Post
    Great write up!

Luckily, I'm the proud owner of the test press pictured in this thread. I asked Charlie about it and he replied:

We made 100 pressings. Most of these were handed out to all the DJ's and MC's. I only kept a few. Jose may have been one of the Twins playing congas at the amphitheater in the movie 1981.

For the longest time, it had been assumed only 10 or 20 of the test pressings were made.
    Sureshot you rock, thanks for that info that's golden. Can I quote you on that on my next post update? I wouldn't want to quote you without asking first. And by Charlie, do you mean Ahearn or Chase? Also If you want a link I'll throw that in too.

Anywayz thanks everyone for the added info and keeping me on my toes. I definitely want that info to be as accurate as possible so I'll update that as info comes in.

For the record (pun!) there's a bootleg on Music Station/Dancefloor Dist./Disc-stinct Music w yellow label where the beats are extended. Asume it's a boot of the Black steel since it's credited to Music of life.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    OK Here's one no one has:

20140205_193005.jpg
    20140205_193019-1.jpg

A little bit embarrasing now, I did it for an Art Project back in '86, the Teacher was quite impressed even more so, because I put a record in the sleeve aswell (Afrika Bambaataa & James Brown Unity 7"), the real weird thing is I did this and my Tag was ELKS (notice the skeme influence and plagurisim), then a few years Later a London writer became quite well known using Elk, but just to get it straight I didn't know about him until '88/89

Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post
    Sureshot you rock, thanks for that info that's golden. Can I quote you on that on my next post update? I wouldn't want to quote you without asking first. And by Charlie, do you mean Ahearn or Chase? Also If you want a link I'll throw that in too.
    Not a problem whatsoever -- feel free to quote me. The answer came directly from Charlie Ahearn.

I actually like that, Dise!

@Dise, that is dope!
    Last edited by jonnycuba; 05-02-14 at 07:51 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling of username
    From each according to his ability, to each according to his need

Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    OK Here's one no one has:

20140205_193005.jpg
    20140205_193019-1.jpg

A little bit embarrasing now, I did it for an Art Project back in '86, the Teacher was quite impressed even more so, because I put a record in the sleeve aswell (Afrika Bambaataa & James Brown Unity 7"), the real weird thing is I did this and my Tag was ELKS (notice the skeme influence and plagurisim), then a few years Later a London writer became quite well known using Elk, but just to get it straight I didn't know about him until '88/89
    I like the Def Jam Recordings on it!

Very cool Dise! Man, even back in 86 you knew wassup!

I wonder who's copy of the Wildstyle breaks was used for Big Daddy Kane's first album.

Does anyone know the story behind that? (I heard it was Biz but not 100% sure)