Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Custom 45 Adapters

Following on from the thread derailment in the Technics SL700 thread, here are photos and a bit of info about these custom 45 adapters I made for Dr No this morning.

April 2014 1053.jpg

April 2014 1054.jpg

I was thinking how to improve on the ones that are out there already so here are some things to note...

Made with high grade 316 stainless steel, these are really heavy and should make records slipping underneath a thing of the past. (I hope!) Will not rust.

These are a fud-hair smaller in diameter than standard ones coming in at 37.85mm rather than the standard 38mm so tight records fit no problem. Looser fitting records have a bit of slack though but it's not too bad.

Gentle taper so that your 45's locate really easily. Radius at the top for when you've had that second shandy and your aim is way off. You should be able to play hoopla with these.

I've done away with the 45 degree angle underneath on the outside edge as that can only assist records in slipping underneath, so there's a buffed 90 degree angle there now.

There was a bit of interest in getting some made so if you like these, or you want something a bit different you can let me know. Send me a sketch and I'll let you know if it's do-able. You could have them taller or shorter, tighter or looser, made from brass or plastic or whatever. I reckon I could do these ones for around 15 a pair just to cover my time and material if I take a day off work I could knock up a bunch of them. Might be a bit more or less in the price department depending on difficulty/material if you go for something of your own design.

While I'm prostituting my services, I also do a little bit of vinyl flattening. High end Orb DF-01i machine, gently heats and cools over 4 hours only heating the centre and outside edge of the record so no heat gets to the grooves to damage them. Good success rate but it won't flatten horror-shows. I see there's a record shop in London charging 10 a pop (!) but happy to do it for DWG fam for 2.50 a piece. No charge if I can't flatten it. In the spirit of product placement steez, mods feel free hit me up for freebies. And if anyone has any cheap bits that don't seem worth the cost, chuck them in with your other stuff and I'll do those gratis.

Sales pitch over, peace!

Folly.
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    ^^ they look the dogs mate, amazing stuff. Like I said in the previous thread, I really appreciate this as I have been looking for decent 45 adaptors for years and hope I can return the favour one day. Made my day mate

DWG Warrior
    No worries, PM me your address and I'll get the missus to post them tomorrow. Poetry in motion!
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    yeah brilliant work Folly!

DWG Warrior
    Yes Folly!

Would definitely be up for a set of these and I have a couple of dish warped records that could do with a flatten.

Will email you later if that's cool.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

These look great. And the cheap de-warp/flattening service is amazing too.

I'm sure RD will be in touch, but if you want me to shift this thread to Product Placement, just let me know

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    yeah brilliant work Folly!
    Cheers Cro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Yes Folly!

Would definitely be up for a set of these and I have a couple of dish warped records that could do with a flatten.

Will email you later if that's cool.
    No worries, give me a shout fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    These look great. And the cheap de-warp/flattening service is amazing too.

I'm sure RD will be in touch, but if you want me to shift this thread to Product Placement, just let me know
    Maybe would be better in there, cheers Chris.
    A Giant In The Lentils

those adapters are boss!!!!

DWG Warrior
    Folly is a top man - his record flattening service is nothing short of amazing!

DWG Warrior
    They look dope Folly - i'll take a set. Let me know when you're able to do them and i'll bung you the loot.