Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Wanted: an expert in flattening warped records.

I'm looking for someone who can flatten warped records. Someone with one if those flattening machines and a proven track record. Is there anyone out there? Preferably in the states? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    In the UK you can't get any better than Folly

DWG Warrior
    ^ Cheers Dise! Yeah I do it on the regular, might be a bit pricy for you to ship here and back though VA. Maybe someone over there can help but if not feel free to give me a shout fella.
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    Folly. What's the worst warp you've corrected? You must be the man if someone here is mentioning you.

DWG Warrior
    Haha, yeah I've done warps for a number of people on here, pretty good success rate. I've probably done a couple of hundred so fairly experienced. I've got one of those Orb DF-01i machines, I can't flatten horror- shows though. Dishes and regular roller coaster type warps are easy enough, the ones I fail with are sharp warps over a short distance. If you can't really see the warp looking down on the record from above then it will probably fix. If you've got photos I can have a look for you, I wouldn't charge you for the flattening but obviously the shipping can be pricey, especially if it needs insured. Happy to help if I can though.
    Last edited by folly; 02-08-14 at 12:11 AM. Reason: typos (whisky related)
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    I can't upload a photo right now. It's more of a wavy warp. Some dishing. I think it could be flattened.

DWG Warrior
    Yep sounds promising. If it's a long-ish wave or waves then that's easy enough. Dishing is also no problem. The difficult ones are more like "folds" or where it has been exposed to heat in one specific area causing a shallow. Does it play through? Pretty sure I could whip it into shape for you VA.
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    very interesting chat- warped records, i got a few that could do with flattening, annoys me how even brand new records can be warped, surely it doesn't always happen in the post if new, i know certain storage can cause along with heat..but yeh- i do get a bit peed with some when brand new...nice and flat is my fave.

DWG Warrior
    Yep I've had a few new ones with warps recently. A couple of the slices in my recent batch of herrings were warped and they are usually complete pancakes. Feel free to get in touch if you want anything flattened fierce1.
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    I've got a couple that need doing, I'll give you a shout when I've moved and unpacked and found them