Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Yo Mark - would love a copy of one of those ^^^ do you have one I could Purchase from you?
    Postie
    Spines On The Shelves
    http://ukhiphopcratedigger.blogspot.com/

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post
    Oh NICE!!!!

OHHH, SNAAAPP You got the CMB (Cash Money Brothers) mixes!!!!

I have CMB volumes 1-9 and #10 which is really entitled "Classic" on wav file. I know it's not as cool as having em on tape but I have em all direct from them. It cost a little bit of money but they are some of the best mixtapes I've heard.

CMB volume 3 is my favorite out of all the volumes. All of these tapes are really good but the way this is mixed and the track selection and track order is almost perfect. For those who don't already know about this (IMO) absolute classic mixtape, you should check the track listing and download both sides of the tape right here at CDC.
    I love the CMB tapes - def high quality numbers - don't have vol 3 so will downloading as suggested. thanks man.

Keep the pics coming folks - kinda want to build up a bit of a mixtape wants list. I would be particularly interested in hearing about any more UK-based mixtapes I have missed out on as I have been working on creating a bit of a mixcloud channel in conjunction with my blog to shed some light on them all.

Peace
    Postie
    Spines On The Shelves

DWG Warrior
    some of mines

Super dope fellas.I gotta get a better phone so I can post some flicks!!!Gah.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Thought that was Drake on one of those covers, then I realised it was Cash Money!
    Lawls !!

Most impressive Postie, thats a serious quiver ye got there. And the radio shows too, mmm.

Please tell me that NMS tape has the Melle Mel belt boosting action !!

This is the Tape Kingz only selection from my lot, i'll get some more pics up soon.

Tape Kingz3.jpg

DWG Warrior
    Tape newb question @ the tape heads in here: Are all those old? Any new ones? I noticed a mini-resurgence of tapes lately, it's not uncommon to see a few tapes on Fat Beats front page, for one example. Where would one buy new or vintage mixtapes nowadays? I know, that's a lot of questions, but personally I haven't been into tapes since my High School days and that was a long ass time ago so I'm really out of the loop.

DWG Warrior
    I think most of the ones in this pic are old (pre 2002ish at a guess). Some show up on Discogs but the best bet is just to ask around - so many people have them lying around ignored in attics, garages and under beds!

DWG Warrior
    Yes what step said, hardly anyone has a tape player anymore so in some cases will give them to you for free - i got quite a few in lots on ebay and also a few here on DWG. I spent a bit more on one off listings on one or two i was desperate to have but most are pretty cheap. There is a bit of tape resurgence at the mo but all a bit of a nostalgia based gimmick in my opinion. If you have the choice of tape vs wax for an LP for example it's wax every day. I just like mixes because they have their own unique artwork and tend not to be available on any other format (mp3 excepted but i like physical releases) Most of mine are from '96 onwards but mixes in general prob started to move to cd as standard around 2003ish.
    Postie
    Spines On The Shelves

DWG Warrior
    all mine are probably 20 years old

DWG Warrior
    What's Tape Kingz Europe all about? Were they neighbours with Fat Beats Amsterdam? Did they only release eurpean djs' mixtapes? What?
    Last edited by Jesper; 02-10-14 at 08:09 PM.