Welcome to the DWG Forums.

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite D.I.T.C. producer?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lord Finesse

7 20.59%
  • Diamond D

7 20.59%
  • Showbiz

8 23.53%
  • Buckwild

12 35.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    All great producers but for me it has to Finesse, but only just. They all had great releases in the 90's although I can't really tell them apart nowadays. Love the Showbiz remix of Diamond's "Sally got a one track mind".

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    It's probably just me? But if I'm totally honest I never really care or look at who produced what, so I couldn't tell which records were done by who...
    I'm the opposite. I check for producer first. In that, I'd much rather listen to a crappy emcee over a great beat than an incredible emcee over a shitty beat. The producer, for me, is by far the most important person involved in any rap record I'm listening to, so i always check the credits.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark563 View Post
    I'm the opposite. I check for producer first. In that, I'd much rather listen to a crappy emcee over a great beat than an incredible emcee over a shitty beat. The producer, for me, is by far the most important person involved in any rap record I'm listening to, so i always check the credits.
    This.

DWG Warrior
    thirded - I can overlook a weak emcee on a great beat far easier than a great emcee on a weak beat. as for the poll... super tough call. 'Stunts, Blunts...' was always one of my favourite albums, but Buckwild made "Devil's Son" AND "Time's Up" so how can you front on that?? Buck wins for me

DWG Warrior
    Fourthdeded... went went buckwild. Too many great beats and the best ones on the Big L album for me as well.
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    I voted Diamond D. Showbiz was unfucwitable in the 91-93 period in a way, but Diamond lasted better through the years in my book. Finesse is in my top 3 MCs ever, but not in my top 10 producers. Sure, he made some really ill beats, but he will always be first and foremost an MC to me.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark563 View Post
    This^

Geniunly stunned by your comment Dise.
    the producer is the most important part, the BEAT, rhythm, sound, vibe ect
    I hear a new track I like like, I'm like 'who produced it?'

Producers usually cut / scratch on the track as well, which hurts my head even more when you say you don't check for them. Aaah !!

DWG Warrior
    Between Buckwild and Showbiz for me but Diamond produced the most cohesive "well produced" album (Stunts...)

You have to tip your hat to Showbiz. His evolution within the fast changing pace of hip hop production of the 90s was the best out of the crew. Totally different sound in his Runaway Slave to Goodfellas to post golden age and all stood up to his peers.

I can't even make a decision on this. My vote is just this - D.I.T.C are the kings of this raps and beats shit and will forever be so.
    Last edited by Checkoutwax; 21-11-14 at 03:16 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Rockwell View Post
    Showbiz.

All of his pre-95 beats are my favourite D.I.T.C productions and are pure Bronx. Those hard rolling drums, those commanding horns, THAT sound. The 'essence' combined, from the park jams to the boom bap. 'Party Groove' as one example.
    Showbiz did have the best drums, at least in 1991-1993. I don't care as much for Showbiz drums later on.

DWG Warrior
    And I also agree with most people on beats vs. rhymes. I was always a beat head first. Rather a so-so MC on an ill beat than the other way around. This is why I have very few records by the LOX for example, even though I like them as MCs, they have mostly wack beats.